ST-ONE series of fully integrated digital controllers for smart chargers
Fully integrated digital controllers optimized for designs based on a novel non-complementary active-clamp flyback topology, which allows high power (>65 W) with higher efficiency than other topologies.
ST-ONE digital controllers integrate a programmable offline power-supply controller based on Arm® Cortex®-M0+ core, a high-voltage start-up circuit, a synchronous-rectification controller, and USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) circuitry in a single package.
The specifically designed to create high power density chargers and adapters using a novel ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback control technique that ensures both high efficiency and low no-load power consumption.
The device includes pre-loaded firmware for both the power conversion and communication protocols for USB-PD including optional PPS and electronically marked cable management.
- ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback controller with synchronous rectification and USB-PD 3.1 PPS interface.
- Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M0+ MCU with 64 kB flash memory for digital power control and USB protocol.
- Programmable secondary-side MCU controls both synchronous rectifier and ZVS active clamp flyback on the primary side to improve system efficiency in every condition.
- High switching frequency operations in companion with MasterGaN power stage allow to use small magnetic components, including planar transformers.
- 800 V high voltage startup with integrated input voltage sensing and Brownin/out functions.
- Reinforced galvanically isolated dual communication channel compliant with IEC 62368-1:
- 4 kV pk transient voltage
- 9.6 kV pk 1min hipot type testing
- 6.4 kV pk 1s hipot production testing
- Active input filter capacitor discharge circuitry for reduced standby power compliant with IEC 62368-1.
- Fully Integrated USB-PD PHY with 24 V tolerant protection, and integrated load switch driver.
USB-PD chargers and adapters up to 100 W for smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other handheld equipment.
65W multi-port (USB Type-C and -A) power delivery reference design EVLONEMP with Programmable Power Supply support
Flexible, cost-effective board for multiport smart chargers based on the ST-ONEMP fully integrated controller and a MASTERGAN4 power stage for high efficiency and very high power density.
65W USB Type-C power delivery reference design EVLONE65W with Programmable Power Supply support
Compact, cost-effective board with a single USB Type-C® port based on the ST-ONE fully integrated controller and a MASTERGAN4 power stage for high efficiency and very high power density.
65W USB-C PD adapter reference design with active clamp flyback (ACF) topology
A compact solution that ensures higher efficiency thanks to reduced switching and conduction losses and eliminates reverse recovery loss thanks to the advanced MasterGaN2 system-in-package.
140W USB-PD 3.1 EPR certified reference design based on ST-ONEHP and MASTERGAN1
The EVLONE140W is one of the first reference design to be certified according to the USB-PD 3.1 EPR standard. It supports a wide range of input voltages and can deliver four SPR outputs, an EPR output and an AVS output up to 28 V at 5 A.
ST-ONEHP + MASTERGAN1: World's first USB certified 140W EPR Charger
2-minute video from MWC 2023 highlights a powerful, compact USB-PD universal charger based on the ST-ONEMP fully integrated controller and MASTERGAN1 system-in-package integrating a gate driver and two enhancement mode GaN transistors in half‑bridge configuration.
Learn how to create compact and highly efficient USB Power Delivery (PD) converters up to 65 W with embedded galvanic isolation, USB PD protocol handling, and primary - and secondary - side control. In this webinar you will discover:
- How to create high power density for AC/DC USB PD converters up to 65 W
- The benefits of GaN and galvanic isolation in high voltage converters
- How you can minimize BOM count for high voltage converters
- How to optimize efficiency with soft switching, low standby, and multimode operation