Flexible DC-DC step-down switching regulator designed for USB-C PD applications
A programmable synchronous buck converter, the STPD01 provides the voltages required by USB PD 3.0 specifications up to 60 W output power (20 V, 3 A).
Embedding numerous protections, this flexible device can dynamically set different output voltage and current limitation levels and includes a programmable watchdog for improved robustness and safety.
- Input voltage range: 6.0 to 26.4 V
- Internal power MOS synch rectification
- Internal compensation
- I2C bus controlled
- Output voltage settings: 3 to 20 V with 20 mV (min.) steps
- Embedded discharge function
- Two programmable switching frequencies with optional clock dithering
Ready-to-use software package contains the application, source code, and libraries designed to demonstrate the capabilities of the USB Type-C™ Power Delivery dual port adapter kit (STEVAL-2STPD01).