The L9396 is an integrated power management System Basis Chip targeting a large spectrum of automotive electronics applications, in particular ABS, EPS and Transmission, compatible with single (12 V) battery system.
It combines a switch mode power supply for pre-regulation together with 3 independent integrated linear regulators and a powerful configurable regulator for μC supply that can operate either in buck or linear mode with an external FET.
The device also integrates a 4-channel flexible interface for Wheel Speed Sensor or tracking regulation, 2 configurable pre-drivers for fail safe and motor pump, 1 configurable general purpose outputs, wake-up detection circuitry, advanced fail-safe functionality, watchdog control and system monitoring.
The boost regulator (optionally enabled) is intended to sustain cold cranking pulses, stop & start and weak battery conditions, while the buck pre-regulator drastically improves the power efficiency and CO2 emissions.
Different combinations enable to supply the system microcontroller and external peripheral loads and sensors with wide current ranges and adjustable voltage levels.
In addition, the L9396 provides enhanced system standby functionalities.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Integrated boost regulator, 9 V, 300 mA, 2 MHz (opt. populated diode & inductor) for deep cranking pulse (Stop&Start) & weak battery conditions
- Integrated buck pre-regulator, 6.5 V / 7.2 V, 1 A, 465 kHz
- Integrated LDO, 5 V, 250 mA for μC I/O and ADC supply
- Integrated configurable LDO, 3.3 V / 5 V, 100 mA for μC I/O supply
- Configurable and programmable regulator with external FET, 0.8 V to 5 V for μC core supply
- up to 1 A in buck configuration
- up to 750 mA in linear configuration
- Spread spectrum approach to reduce EMC emissions
- Four channel configurable remote sensor interface
- wheel speed sensor protocol
- tracking regulator supply (3.3 V - 5 V)
- reverse battery protection and integrated digital decoding
- High-side pre-drivers for fail safe (On/off control) and for motor pump (PWM control)
- SPI communication bus
- Configurable 3.3 V / 5 V I/O level
- Configurable and programmable double watchdog (Q&A WD and temporal WD)
- Double voltage reference for regulated rail reference and monitoring
- Configurable Fail-Safe Functionality (Mode / Safe Delay)
- Fail-Safe Output (FSN)
- Wake-up input
- Low-side general purpose output with programmable PWM control
- Integrated 10-bit ADC with system diagnostics
- Discrete analog inputs for integrated ADC measurement (3 ch.)
- Voltage monitoring UV/OV on all regulated rails
- Temperature monitoring and thermal shutdown
- Operating voltage: VBATP: 4.5 V to 19 V with boost; 6 V to 19 V without boost
- Ambient temperature range: -40 °C to 135 °C
- Package: TQFP64EP (10x10x1mm)
Recommended for you
Chassis and Safety
Powertrain for ICE
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|TQFP 64 10x10x1.0||Automotive||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.