The FDA803D is a single bridge class D amplifier, designed in the most advanced BCD technology, intended for any automotive audio application (car radio, telematics and e-call, noise and tone generators, etc).
The FDA803D integrates a high performance D/A converter together with powerful MOSFET outputs in class D, so it is very compact and powerful, moreover reaches outstanding efficiency performances (90%).
It has a very wide operating range: it can be operated both with standard car battery levels (5.5-18 V operating, compatible to load dump pulse) and with external step-down generated voltages or emergency battery (since it is compatible to minimum 3.3 V operative).
The feedback loop is including the output L-C low-pass filter, allowing superior frequency response linearity and lower distortion.
FDA803D is configurable through I2C bus interface and is integrating a complete diagnostics array specially intended for automotive applications including innovative open load and DC offset detection in play mode.
Thanks to the solutions implemented to solve the EMI problems, the device is intended to be used in the standard single DIN car-radio box together with the tuner.
Moreover FDA803D features a configurable power limiting function, and can be optionally operated under no I2C mode ('legacy mode').
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Integrated 108 dB D/A conversion
- I2S and TDM digital input (4/8/16CH TDM)
- Input sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Full I2C bus driving (3.3/1.8 V)
- CISPR 25 - Class V (Fourth edition)
- Very low quiescent current
- Output lowpass filter included in the feedback allowing outstanding audio performances
- Wide operating supply range from 3.3 to 18 V, suitable for car radio, telematics and e-call
- MOSFET power outputs allowing high output power capability
- 1 x 25 W /4 Ω @ 14.4 V, 1 kHz THD = 1%
- 1 x 30 W /4 Ω @ 14.4 V, 1 kHz THD = 10%
- 2 Ω loads driving
- Power limiting function (configurable through I2C)
- I2C bus diagnostics:
- Short to VCC/GND
- Short load and open load detection (also in play mode)
- Four thermal warnings
- DC offset detector (also in play) and 'hot spot' detection
- Clipping detector
- Integrated thermal protection
- Legacy mode ('no I2C' mode), 4 configurable settings
- Short circuit and ESD integrated protections
- Package: PowerSSO-36 exposed pad down
MWC 2019 eSIM
Power amplifier system for automotive applications
Introduction to Class D amplifiers
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.