Designed to help automotive engineers deal with the increasing complexity of car electronics, the pillar of ST's AutoDevKit™ development initiative is fast prototyping based on heavy re-use.
A viable, simple, low-cost and time-optimized tool for automotive application engineers facing the challenge to evaluate, prototype, develop and deploy complex embedded systems, our AutoDevKit initiative is the ideal companion for developing modern ECU solutions.
The AutoDevKit ecosystem includes the following development tools:
AEK MCU discovery and functional boards
- MCU discovery boards for evaluating specific automotive microcontrollers
- Functional boards implement a specific function (lighting, motor control, and more).
AEKD system solution demonstrators, kits and assemblies
- Full demonstrators: Sets of pre-assembled demonstrator boards implementing an automotive system solution.
- Hardware assemblies: Non-electronic parts, such as car-like components and loads, used to enrich the prototype and help designers to get closer to the real application and enable a more comprehensive evaluation of the complete solution.
- Board kits: Sets of pre-selected boards can be ordered using a single code providing an easy, flexible means to build and program a system solution prototype for specific automotive applications.
AutoDevKit Embedded Software
- Evaluation tool software for both single boards and system solution prototypes. This includes both software and firmware components for setting up the application prototype.
The list of available boards and software tools will steadily grow as we continue to develop the AutoDevKit ecosystem. To stay up to date with the latest information:
- Download the printable AutoDevKit brochure with the complete set of hardware and software available in the ecosystem.
- You can choose your preferred version of AEK EXPLORER Application (Android/iOS, Web Desktop, and Desktop, where you can find the complete list of available tools, select the items fitting your design and receive the project code to test and customize your application.
- Download our whitepaper and discover how our common platform development environment and our tool ‘designed by engineers for engineers’ can help you integrate complex systems and also expand feature sets of new applications.
- Join the ST AutoDevKit (AEK) Community to learn about new releases, share insights or ask our team of experts your technical questions.
- Subscribe to our Automotive newsletter for news about our most recent products, solutions and development tools.
Start your BMS development with AutoDevKit