The X-CUBE-CELLULAR Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32L4 Series microcontrollers acting as hosts for cellular connectivity applications.
X-CUBE-CELLULAR runs on the STM32L496AGI6-based low-power Discovery board, driving an STMod+ compatible cellular-modem add-on board.
The P-L496G-CELL01 2G/3G cellular-to-cloud add-on board features the UG96 modem from Quectel (2G/3G). The P-L496G-CELL02 LTE cellular-to-cloud add-on board features the BG96 modem from Quectel (LTE Cat M1/NB/2G fallback). Both modem add-on boards embed an EEPROM for saving the modem system configuration, a SIM socket, and a soldered embedded SIM in the MFF2 format, provisioned with the EMnify MVNO profile.
X-CUBE-CELLULAR runs on the STM32L475VGT6-based IoT node Discovery board, driving an STMod+ compatible cellular-modem add-on board (based on the BG96 Quectel module) through an Arduino / STMod+ adapter.
The X-CUBE-CELLULAR Expansion Package enables users to connect to the Internet through the cellular network by using the provided baseline, and to accelerate the end-product design cycle.
- STMicroelectronics framework for devices based on LPWAN cellular networks
- Compatible with the P-L496G-CELL01 and P-L496G-CELL02 cellular-to-cloud packs with optional X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 motion-MEMS- and environment-sensor board
- Compatible with the B-L475E-IOT01A IoT Discovery board with X-NUCLEO-STMODA1 (Arduino / STMod+ adapter) and MB1329 (modem board with the BG96 Quectel module)
- FreeRTOS pre-integration for easy integration in a complete platform
- Easy portability across different STM32 microcontroller Series thanks to the use of STM32Cube and STM32CubeMX
- BSD-like socket APIs for data plane
- TCP-UDP/IP connectivity
- IP stack on host or modem
- Flexible and modular SW architecture for the easy integration of other modems
- Partial GSMA TS34/35 compliance
- PC terminal boot menu for device FW customization: API key, APN, band
- Connected-application examples