The X-CUBE-IOTA1 expansion software package for STM32Cube runs on the STM32 and includes middleware to enable the IOTA Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) functions.
The IOTA DLT is a transaction settlement and data transfer layer for the Internet of Things (IoT). IOTA allows people and machines to transfer money and/or data without any transaction fees in a trustless, permissionless and decentralized environment. This technology even makes micro-payments possible without the need of a trusted intermediary of any kind.
The expansion is built on STM32Cube software technology to ease portability across different STM32microcontrollers.
The current version of the software runs on the B-U585I-IOT02A discovery kit for IoT node and connects to the Internet through the attached WiFi® interface.
The software is also available on GitHub, where the users can signal bugs and propose new ideas through Issues and Pull requests tabs.
- Complete firmware to build IOTA DLT applications for STM32-based boards
- Middleware libraries featuring:
- STSAFE secure element for a secure hardware root of trust
- Wi-Fi management
- encryption, hashing, message authentication, and digital signing (sodium/mbedCrypto)
- Azure RTOS ThreadX and NetXDuo
- IOTA Client API to interact with the Tangle
- Complete driver to build applications accessing motion and environmental sensors
- Examples to help understand how to develop an IOTA DLT Client application
- Example to help understand how to build and send to the Tangle an encrypted, authenticated message stream based on L2Sec, a Layer 2 lightweight security protocol designed for embedded IoT devices
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms