The board provides you an easy way to connect ST VIPower®M0-7 technology into your existing system.
The EV-VND7020AJ evaluation board comes pre-assembled with a VND7020AJ high-side driver.
On board minimum set of electrical components (as for device datasheet recommendation) enables the user to directly connect the load, the power supply and the microcontroller without any additional effort in external component design and connection.
The VND7020AJ is a double channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower M0-7 technology and housed in PowerSSO-16 package. It is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface, providing protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with configurable latch-off.
A FaultRST pin unlatches the output in case of fault or disables the latch-off functionality.
A dedicated multifunction multiplexed analog output pin delivers sophisticated diagnostic functions including high precision proportional load current sense, supply voltage feedback and chip temperature sense, in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCCand OFF-state open-load.
A sense enable pin allows OFF-state diagnosis to be disabled during the module low-power mode as well as external sense resistor sharing among similar devices.
- Simple single IC application board dedicated for VND7020AJ
- Provides electrical connectivity and thermal heat-sinking for easy prototyping
- General device features
- Double channel smart high-side driver with MultiSense analog feedback
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- Diagnostic functions
- Multiplexed analog feedback of: load current with high precision proportional current mirror, VCCsupply voltage and TCHIPdevice temperature
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- Off-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCCdetection
- Sense enable/disable
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self-limiting of fast thermal transients
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation with dedicated fault reset pin
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery with external components
- Electrostatic discharge protection
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.