The STM32F21x family is based on the high-performance ARM®Cortex®-M3 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 120 MHz. The family incorporates high-speed embedded memories (Flash memory up to 1 Mbyte, up to 128 Kbytes of system SRAM), up to 4 Kbytes of backup SRAM, and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses, three AHB buses and a 32-bit multi-AHB bus matrix.
The devices also feature an adaptive real-time memory accelerator (ART Accelerator™) which allows to achieve a performance equivalent to 0 wait state program execution from Flash memory at a CPU frequency up to 120 MHz. This performance has been validated using the CoreMark benchmark.
All devices offer three 12-bit ADCs, two DACs, a low-power RTC, twelve general-purpose 16-bit timers including two PWM timers for motor control, two general-purpose 32-bit timers. a true number random generator (RNG). They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces. New advanced peripherals include an SDIO, an enhanced flexible static memory control (FSMC) interface (for devices offered in packages of 100 pins and more), a cryptographic acceleration cell, and a camera interface for CMOS sensors. The devices also feature standard peripherals.
- Core: ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M3 CPU (120 MHz max) with Adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator™ allowing 0-wait state execution performance from Flash memory, MPU, 150 DMIPS/1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Dhrystone 2.1)
- Up to 1 Mbyte of Flash memory
- 512 bytes of OTP memory
- Up to 128 + 4 Kbytes of SRAM
- Flexible static memory controller that supports Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR and NAND memories
- LCD parallel interface, 8080/6800 modes
- Clock, reset and supply management
- From 1.8 to 3.6 V application supply+I/Os
- POR, PDR, PVD and BOR
- 4 to 26 MHz crystal oscillator
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- Internal 32 kHz RC with calibration
- Low-power modes
- Sleep, Stop and Standby modes
- VBATsupply for RTC, 20 × 32 bit backup registers, and optional 4 KB backup SRAM
- 3 × 12-bit, 0.5 μs ADCs with up to 24 channels and up to 6 MSPS in triple interleaved mode
- 2 × 12-bit D/A converters
- General-purpose DMA: 16-stream controller with centralized FIFOs and burst support
- Up to 17 timers
- Up to twelve 16-bit and two 32-bit timers, up to 120 MHz, each with up to 4 IC/OC/PWM or pulse counter and quadrature (incremental) encoder input
- Debug mode: Serial wire debug (SWD), JTAG, and Cortex-M3 Embedded Trace Macrocell™
- Up to 140 I/O ports with interrupt capability:
- Up to 136 fast I/Os up to 60 MHz
- Up to 138 5 V-tolerant I/Os
- Up to 15 communication interfaces
- Up to 3 × I2C interfaces (SMBus/PMBus)
- Up to 4 USARTs and 2 UARTs (7.5 Mbit/s, ISO 7816 interface, LIN, IrDA, modem ctrl)
- Up to 3 SPIs (30 Mbit/s), 2 with muxed I2S to achieve audio class accuracy via audio PLL or external PLL
- 2 × CAN interfaces (2.0B Active)
- SDIO interface
- Advanced connectivity
- USB 2.0 full-speed device/host/OTG controller with on-chip PHY
- USB 2.0 high-speed/full-speed device/host/OTG controller with dedicated DMA, on-chip full-speed PHY and ULPI
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC with dedicated DMA: supports IEEE 1588v2 hardware, MII/RMII
- 8- to 14-bit parallel camera interface (48 Mbyte/s max.)
- Cryptographic acceleration
- Hardware acceleration for AES 128, 192, 256, Triple DES, HASH (MD5, SHA-1)
- Analog true random number generator
- CRC calculation unit
- 96-bit unique ID
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 64 10x10x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack2|
|LQFP 64 10x10x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack2|
LQFP 64 10x10x1.4
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.