The STM32 high-performance products and their ecosystem are accelerating innovation for MCU developers. By bringing more performance, more memory and more peripheral resources, ST gives developers more design freedom to take on the challenges of more complex applications.
- The STM32 high-performance MCU platform leverages ST’s nonvolatile memory (NVM) in 90 nm and 40 nm technologies to combine:
- Best-in-class system performance for code execution, data transfers, and data processing
- High integration: large range of embedded memory densities and advanced peripherals
- Power efficiency
From entry-level to high-performance microcontrollers, our STM32 high-performance MCU platform includes five compatible product series.
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Industrial motor control
- Pumps and compressors
- Air conditioner
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Central alarm system
- Washing machines
- IoT tags and tracking devices
- Industrial communication
- Lighting controls
- Digital power
- CPAP and respirators
- Dialysis machines
- Pills distributors
- Powered patient beds
New STM32H5 microcontrollers are based on Arm® Cortex®-M33 cores and offer the best combination of performance, security, and affordability. They operate at a frequency of up to 250 MHz and feature from 128 Kbytes to 2 MB of flash memory and up to 640 Kbytes of RAM. Beside an exhaustive set of security features, such as crypto graphic accelerators, isolation mechanisms including TrustZone®, STM32H5 additionally provides a certified set of SoC security services maintained by ST over the life of the product.
The Arm® Cortex®-M4 based STM32F4 MCU series leverages ST’s NVM technology and ART Accelerator™ to reach the industry’s highest benchmark scores for Cortex-M-based microcontrollers with up to 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark executing from flash memory at up to 180 MHz operating frequency. The STM32F4 series consists of eight compatible product lines of digital signal controllers (DSC), a perfect symbiosis of the real-time control capabilities of an MCU and the signal processing performance of a digital signal processor (DSP).
The Arm® Cortex®-M3 based STM32F2 series uses ST’s advanced 90 nm NVM process technology with the innovative adaptive real-time memory accelerator (ART Accelerator™) and multilayer bus matrix. This offers an unprecedented trade-off between price and performance. ST’s acceleration technology enables these microcontrollers to achieve up to 150 DMIPS/398 CoreMark at 120 MHz FCPU, which is equivalent to zero wait state execution, while keeping the dynamic current consumption at the outstandingly low level of 175 µA/MHz.
Taking advantage of ST’s ART Accelerator™ as well as an L1 cache, STM32F7 microcontrollers deliver the maximum theoretical performance of the Cortex-M7 core, regardless if code is executed from embedded flash memory or external memory: 1082 CoreMark /462 DMIPS at 216 MHz FCPU.
Read more about the benefits of the 32-bit Arm Cortex-M processor for MCUs here
Discover our portfolio
- More design freedom and reduced time to market
- Performance in space-constrained devices
- Simplified connectivity solution
- Security: From the most essential security building blocks to fully certified services maintained by ST
- Optimized cost/performance trade-off based on ST’s optimized 90 & 40 nm process technology
Kaouther Belhadj tells you all about the new STM32H5.
STM32H5, most powerful Arm® Cortex®-M33 MCU yet, makes developers’ innovation simpler, more secure, and affordable!
The STM32H5 series makes performance and security more accessible. Powered by the industry-standard Arm® Cortex®-M33 core running at 250 MHz, the STM32H5 introduces state-of-the-art of security and will provide a certified security services and maintained by ST over the life of the product.
The STM32H5 series offers up to 2 MB Flash memory in dual-bank mode, up to 640 Kbytes of RAM, high peripheral integration in a variety of packages from 25- to 176-pin and supports up to 125°C ambient temperature.
This high-performance series is the perfect fit for IoT and industrial applications:
- Smart homes / Cities
- Factory Automation
- Most powerful Arm® Cortex®-M33 MCU: Industry-first 32-bit MCU with Arm® Cortex®-M33 core running as high as 250 MHz
- Scalable security to address every need: From the most essential security building blocks to fully certified services maintained by ST. The STM32H5 is the first MCU with a trusted execution environment solution: STM32Trust TEE Secure Manager.
- Optimized cost/performance trade-off: Based on ST’s optimized 40 nm process technology. Large choice of memory, peripherals, and package options
Software and Hardware tools: