The STM32 high-performance MCU platform leverages ST’s Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) technology to combine:
- Best-in-class system performance for code execution, data transfers and data processing
- High integration: largest range of embedded memory densities and advanced peripherals
- Power efficiency
From entry-level to high-performance microcontrollers, our STM32 high-performance MCU platform includes four compatible product series.
Read more about the benefits of the 32-bit Arm Cortex-M processor for MCUs here.
The STM32F7 microcontrollers are based on an Arm® Cortex® -M7 core offering from 216 MHz / 462 DMIPS. Thanks to an L1 cache, the series delivers the maximum possible theoretical performance of the Cortex-M7 core.
The STM32F7 series includes advanced and foundation lines as well as the STM32F7x0 value line.
STM32H7 series includes microcontrollers with single- and dual-core architectures.
- The single-core STM32H7 MCUs are based on the Arm Cortex-M7 core and offer from 216 MHz / 462 DMIPS to 550 MHz / 1177 DMIPS.
- The dual-core STM32H7 MCUs contain an Arm Cortex-M4 core, which provides 240 MHz/ 1327 DMIPS, as well as an Arm Cortex-M7 core running up to 480MHz. The dual-core STM32H7 is available with an embedded SMPS.
STM32F4 Foundation and Advanced lines
STM32F4 MCU advanced lines offer from 168 MHz / 210 DMIPS to 180 MHz / 225 DMIPS. 11 compatible product lines of Digital Signal Controllers (DSC) combine the real-time control capabilities of an MCU with signal processing performance of a Digital Signal Processor (DSP), including a rich set of advanced peripherals and large memories.
STM32F4 Access line
The STM32F4 Access line includes entry-level microcontrollers of the series. With 84 MHz /105 DMIPS, it offers a compact, cost-effective solution with an outstanding power efficiency (Dynamic Efficiency™) and an extended temperature range (up to 125 °C ambient temperature).
With a Cortex-M3 core running at 120 MHz /150 DMIPS, the STM32F2 series is the first to include an innovative adaptive real-time memory accelerator (ART Accelerator™) and a multi-layer bus matrix to combine unprecedented performance, integration and attractive pricing. It offers 100% electrical characteristics compatibility across the entire product series from 128 Kbytes to 1 Mbytes of embedded Flash.
X-CUBE-AZRTOS-H7 (Azure® RTOS STM32Cube Expansion Package) provides a full integration of Microsoft® Azure® RTOS in the STM32Cube environment for the STM32H7 Series of microcontrollers.
Discover STMicroelectronics TouchGFX Demo running on new STM32H735G-DK, and learn more about the STM32H725/35 Graphics features.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Getting started with high-performance STM32H7 microcontrollers
- Developers can quickly get started with these cost-efficient, versatile development tools. Choose our STM32H7 Discovery kits, 144-pin Nucleo boards or STM32H7 Eval boards with the best features for developing your prototypes.
- Download the STM32CubeH7 embedded software package containing useful real-life code examples based on the HAL and LL (low-layer) APIs.
- Install the latest version of STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool to refine pinout, clocks and memory partitioning and evaluate the expected power consumption. In only a few clicks, your application is ready and waiting for your ideas to take shape.