STM32F7 series of very high-performance MCUs with Arm® Cortex®-M7 core
Taking advantage of ST’s ART Accelerator™ as well as an L1 cache, STM32F7 microcontrollers deliver the maximum theoretical performance of the Cortex-M7 core, regardless if code is executed from embedded Flash or external memory: 1082 CoreMark /462 DMIPS at 216 MHz fCPU.
Smart architecture with new peripheral set
The STM32F7 series unleashes the Cortex-M7 core:
- AXI and multi-AHB bus matrixes for interconnecting core, peripherals and memories
- Up to 16 Kbytes +16 Kbytes of I-cache and D-cache
- Up to 2 Mbytes of embedded Flash memory, with Read-While-Write capability on certain devices
- Two general-purpose DMA controllers and dedicated DMA controllers for Ethernet (on some variants), high-speed USB On-The-Go interfaces and the Chrom-ART graphic accelerator (on some variants)
- Peripheral speed is independent from CPU speed (dual clock support) allowing system clock changes without any impact on peripheral operations
- Even more peripherals, such as two serial audio interfaces (SAI) with SPDIF output support, three I²S half-duplex interfaces with SPDIF input support, two USB OTG interfaces with dedicated power supply and Dual-mode Quad-SPI Flash memory interface
- Large SRAM with a scattered architecture:
- Up to 512 Kbytes of universal data memory, including up to 128 Kbytes of Tightly-Coupled Memory for Data (DTCM) for time critical data handling (stack, heap...)
- 16 Kbytes of Tightly-Coupled Memory for Instructions (ITCM) for time-critical routines
- 4 Kbytes of backup SRAM to keep data in the lowest power modes
- Protected code execution feature (PC-ROP) on some variants
- On-chip USB high-speed PHY on some variants
- 7 CoreMark/mW at 1.8 V
- 100 µA typical current consumption in Stop mode with all context and SRAM saved
- Cortex-M7 is backwards compatible with the Cortex-M4 instruction set
- STM32F7 series is pin-to-pin compatible with the STM32F4 series*
* Note: see datasheet for the specific case of 64- and 100-pin packages
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
STM32 step-by-step is a learning program, and is part of the STM32 Education initiative, designed for anyone interested in getting started on building projects with the STM32 microcontroller and its powerful ecosystem of development boards and software programming tools.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
ST framework for connecting to Alexa Voice Service, software expansion for STM32Cube
Full range of STM32F7 training courses available online
New High-performance Value Line boost real-time IoT-device innovation
The latest STM32 High-performance Value Line gives extra flexibility to create affordable performance-oriented systems including real-time IoT devices, without compromising features or cyber protection.