STM32U599 and STM32U5A9 microcontrollers extend the STM32 ultra‐low‐power portfolio. They offer enhanced performance and advanced graphics capability.
- The STM32U599 and STM32U5A9 are the first STM32 lines to embed ST’s advanced NeoChrom graphic processing unit (GPU). This 2.5D graphic accelerator helps developers easily enhance the following features in their GUI:
- Simple & advanced drawing
- 2D text copy
- Alpha blending
- Color format conversion
- Scaling, rotation
- Perspective correct texture mapping (mapping a 2D texture into a 3D surface)
- Image format compression
Offloading these computations to the NeoChrom GPU increases the number of frames per second, making it possible to run complex UIs on MCUs.
- The STM32U599 and STM32U5A9 allows developers to:
- run a complete MPU-like graphical user interface on a simple microcontroller
- keep two frame buffers inside the MCU (2.5 Mbytes of SRAM)
- address small applications thanks to 100- to 216-pin packages (LQFP 100, LQFP 144, BGA144 and more)
- protect user data thanks to an additional encryption accelerator engine (AES, PKA, and OTFDEC).
Discover our portfolio
- Effective system solution to reach smartphone-like UIs using an MCU
- High level of integration reduces the need for external components
- Available in LQFP 100 to 144-pin packages for easier assembly
- Comes with design tools to simplify your development:
- Support and key resources available on the documentation website and TouchGFX community.
ST Authorized Partners bring developers the flexibility and scalability they need for creating great GUI projects based on STM32.
STMicroelectronics expands the ultra-low power STM32U5 family from 128kB to 4MB. Some versions come with NeoChrom GPU to easily design smartphone-like user interface.