The ST25R3920B is an automotive grade high performance NFC universal device supporting NFC initiator, NFC target, NFC reader and NFC card emulation modes.
Designed for CCC (car connectivity consortium) digital key applications, the ST25R3920B enables fast product development for car access/start applications in areas like door handle or center console, and enables additional functionality, like pairing or NFC card protection combined with a Qi charger. Being very robust and noise tolerant while at the same time reducing electromagnetic emission, the device works even under harsh conditions, enabling an easier certification.
The device includes an advanced analog front end (AFE) and a highly integrated data framing system for ISO18092 passive and active initiator, ISO 18092 passive and active target, NFC-A/B (ISO14443A/B) reader including higher bit rates, NFC-F (FeliCa™) reader, NFC-V (ISO15693) reader up to 53 kbps, and NFC-A / NFC-F card emulation.
Special stream and transparent modes of the AFE and framing system is used to implement other custom protocols in reader or card emulation modes.
The ST25R3920B features high RF power with dynamic power output to directly drive antennas at high efficiency, achieving large interaction distance even with small antenna sizes common in door handles. The device include additional features, making it incomparable for low power applications. It offers low power card detection by performing a measurement of the amplitude or phase of the antenna signal while reducing power consumption to a minimum.
The ST25R3920B is designed to operate from a wide power supply range (2.6 to 5.5 V from -40 °C to +105 °C, 2.4 to 5.5 V from -20 °C to +105 °C), and a wide peripheral IO voltage range (from 1.65 to 5.5 V).
Due to this combination of high RF output power, low power modes, wide supply range and AEC-Q100 grade 2 qualification the device is perfectly suited for automotive applications.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Operating modes
- Card emulation
- Active and passive peer to peer
- RF communication
- EMVCo® 3.1a analog and digital compliant
- NFC-A / ISO14443A up to 848 kbit/s
- NFC-B / ISO14443B up to 848 kbit/s
- NFC-F / FeliCa™ up to 424 kbit/s
- NFC-V / ISO15693 up to 53 kb/s
- NFC-A / ISO14443A (106 kbit/s) and NFC-F / FeliCa™ (212/424 kbit/s) card emulation
- Active and passive peer to peer initiator and target modes, up to 424 kbit/s
- Low level modes to implement MIFARE Classic® compliant or other custom protocols
- Key features
- Dynamic power output (DPO) controls the field strength to stay within given limits
- Active wave shaping (AWS) reduces over-and under-shoots
- Noise suppression receiver (NSR) allows reception in noisy environment
- Automatic antenna tuning (AAT) via variable capacitor
- Integrated EMVCo® 3.1a compliant EMD handling
- Automatic gain control and squelch feature to maximize SNR
- Low power NFC active and passive target modes
- Adjustable ASK modulation depth, from 0 to 82%
- Integrated regulators to boost system PSRR
- AM/PM and I/Q demodulator with baseband channel summation or automatic channel selection
- Possibility to drive two independent single ended antennas
- Measurement of antenna voltage amplitude and phase, RSSI, on-chip supply and regulated voltages
- External communication interfaces
- 512-byte FIFO
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI) up to 5 Mbit/s
- I2C with up to 400 kbit/s in Fast-mode, 1 Mbit/s in Fast-mode Plus, and 3.4 Mbit/s in High-speed mode
- Electrical characteristics
- Wide supply voltage and ambient temperature range (2.6 to 5.5 V from -40 °C to +105 °C, 2.4 to 5.5 V from -20 °C to +105 °C)
- Wide peripheral communication supply range, from 1.65 to 5.5 V
- Quartz oscillator capable of operating with 27.12 MHz crystal with fast start-up
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.
NFC Tuning Circuit
Start your design with the ST25R3920B nowx
with our eDesignSuite online design aid utilities and simulation tools.
You might also like...
Discovery kit for the ST25R3916B high performance NFC universal device and EMVCo reader
RF/NFC abstraction layer for ST25R3916 and its derivatives
PC software installer for ST25R3916-DISCO and STEVAL-25R3916B boards
Recommended for you
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - ST25R3920B
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFQFPN 5X5X1 32L WETTABLE FLANKS||Automotive||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||ESample Max Qty||Free Samples||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|| |
Country of Origin
ESample Max Qty
|ST25R3920B-AQWT|| distributors |
Distributor availability of ST25R3920B-AQWT
Distributor reported inventory date:
| Buy from Distributor || |
|EAR99||NEC||Tape and Reel||VFQFPN 5X5X1 32L WETTABLE FLANKS||-40||105||THAILAND||-||No|| || |
Tape and Reel
Operating Temperature (°C)
Country of Origin:
ESample Max Qty:
(*) Suggested Resale Price (USD) per defined quantity for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors