The LED6001 device is a LED driver that combines a boost controller and a high-side current sensing circuitry optimized for driving one string of high-brightness LEDs. The device is compatible with multiple topologies such as boost, SEPIC and floating load buck-boost. The brightness of the LEDs can be controlled through PWM dimming and analog dimming (10:1 ratio) by means of two independent pins. Enhanced PWM dimming can be obtained thanks to a MOSFET in series with the LED string and directly driven by a dedicated pin.
The high-side current sensing, in combination with a P-channel MOSFET, provides an effective protection in case the positive terminal of the LED string is shorted to ground. The high precision current sensing circuitry allows a LED current regulation reference within ± 4% accuracy over the whole temperature range and production spread.
A fault output (open-drain) informs the host system about faulty conditions: device overtemperature, output overvoltage (disconnected LED string) and LED overcurrent.
- Switching controller section
- 5.5 V to 36 V input voltage range
- Very low shutdown current: ISHDN< 10 μA
- Internal +5 V LDO for gate driver supply
- Internal +3.3 V LDO for device supply
- Fixed frequency peak current mode control
- Adjustable (100 kHz to 1 MHz) switching frequency
- External synchronization for multi-device applications
- High performance external MOSFET driver
- Cycle-by-cycle external MOSFET OCP
- Fixed internal soft-start
- Programmable output OVP
- Boost, buck-boost and SEPIC topologies supported
- Thermal shutdown with autorestart
- Output short-circuit detection
- LED control section
- Up to 60 V output voltage
- Constant current control loop
- High-side output current sensing circuitry
- 30 to 300 mV differential sensing voltage
- ± 4% output current reference accuracy
- Output overcurrent protection
- Sensing resistor failure protection
- PWM dimming with auxiliary series switch
- Analog dimming
- Switching controller section
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.
LED Lighting Design Tool
Start your design with the LED6001 nowx
with our eDesignSuite online design aid utilities and simulation tools.
You might also like...
DC-DC LED driver expansion board based on LED6001 for STM32 Nucleo
LED driver based on the LED6001
Getting started with DC-DC LED Driver expansion board (STM32 ODE)
Recommended for you
Events and Seminars
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - LED6001
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|LED6001TR|| distributors |
Distributor availability of LED6001TR
Distributor reported inventory date:
| Buy from Distributor || |
|EAR99||NEC||Tape and Reel||HTSSOP16||-||-||PHILIPPINES|| |
Tape and Reel
Operating Temperature (°C)
Country of Origin:
(*) Suggested Resale Price (USD) per defined quantity for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors