The SLLIMM (small low loss intelligent molded module) High Power (HP) series of compact, powerful, dual-in-line intelligent power modules (IPMs) from the STPOWER family expands the existing SLLIMM series in terms of breakdown voltage, current capability, power range, and package options for even greater design flexibility.
New design opportunities and smaller BOM
The new IPMs integrate a complete inverter stage, including six short-circuit rugged IGBTs with freewheeling diodes, associated with high-side and low-side gate drivers in a single package that is designed to optimize thermal dissipation and efficiency.
The modules also contain built-in features for protection and control: bootstrap diodes, undervoltage lockout, shutdown input/fault output, an NTC thermistor for temperature monitoring, and a comparator for fault protection.
SLLIMM HP IPMs allow designers to replace traditional power circuits based on various discrete components or modules with a compact, all-in-one, integrated device that simplifies circuit layout and shrinks the bill of materials. This helps improve the safety, reliability, and cost-effectiveness of the final application.
The SLLIMM HP series is tailored for high-power industrial applications, such as motor drives and inverters operating up to 7 kW at frequencies up to 20 kHz.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Servo motors
- General-purpose inverters
- Heavy-duty washing machines
A new 650V/50A version will be available for implementation in automotive applications such as high-voltage auxiliary motors (climate e-compressors, oil, fuel, and water pumps) and cooling fans.
The innovative dual in line package with exposed pad based on a direct bonded copper (DBC) substrate ensures very low thermal resistance and power loss in the SLLIMM HP IPM series for the best performance in industrial 3-phase inverters up to 7kW.
Discover our portfolio
The SLLIMM HP IPM 3-phase inverter, short-circuit-rugged, IGBT series includes the following devices:
- Increased thermal dissipation capabilities thanks to DBC HPS substrate
- Extended power range up to 7kW
- System integration and compactness
- Reduced bill of materials
- High efficiency and low power losses
- High reliability and robustness
- Pin-to-pin compatible with main industrial IPM competitors
- IGBTs in trench gate field-stop (TGFS) technology
- Soft recovery diodes and optimized gate driver configuration for low EMI
- Comparator for fault protection against overcurrent and short-circuit
- Shutdown input/fault output
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Built-in bootstrap diodes
- Built-in NTC thermistor for accurate temperature monitoring
- Compact and fully isolated package based on DBC substrate
- Isolation voltage rating of 2500 VRMS/min
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.