ST ASIPs for Automotive applications are qualified as per AEC-Q101 and are compliant with standards IEC 61000-4-2 and ISO 10605.
ST’s ASIP technology combines ESD protection at system level (IEC61000-4-2), customized EMI filters with overvoltage, overcurrent protections, and other IPs such as low-dropout regulators (LDO), multiplexers, level translators, data-line protections, etc. for optimized BOM costs compared to a discrete implementation. Designers appreciate this solution as it helps reduce system cost, size and complexity.
Key benefits of ST’s automotive ASIPs:
- Improved Failures In Time (FIT) rate for increased longevity
- Fewer discretes used for a lower cost BOM and simplified procurement process
- Less subject to temperature variations than discretes for enhanced robustness
- Integrated components feature better matching thanks to monolithic integration while higher precision, higher cost discretes are required to reach the same level of matching
- Qualified with a 175°C junction temperature (TJ) to maintain correct electrical performance at high automotive temperatures
They help to ensure a successful certification for:
- CISPR-25, international standard for radio disturbance characteristics
- 2004/104/EC European standard for radiated emission and immunity
- SAE J1113/41 for North America markets