The ST33Jxxx is a serial access microcontroller designed for secure mobile applications. It incorporates the most recent generation of ARM processors for embedded secure systems. Its SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core is built on the Cortex®-M3 core with additional security features to help to protect against advanced forms of attacks.
The ST33Jxxx provides high performance thanks to a fast SC300 processor, crypto-accelerators and improved Flash memory operations.
Cadenced at 60 MHz, the SC300™ core brings great performance and excellent code density thanks to the Thumb®-2 instruction set.
Strong and multiple fault protection mechanisms ensure a guaranteed high-detection coverage that facilitates the development of highly secure software. This is achieved by using two CPUs in locked-step mode, error codes in sensitive memories and hardware logic.
The ST33Jxxx offers a serial communication interface fully compatible with the ISO/IEC 7816-3 standard (T=0, T=1) and a single-wire protocol (SWP) interface for communication with a near field communication (NFC) router in Secure Element (SE) applications. The device also includes an SPI Master/Slave interface as well as two I2C Master/Slave interfaces for communication in non-SIM applications: SPI Slave up to 26 MHz, SPI Master up to 13 MHz, I2C Slave High-speed mode up to 2.4 Mbit/s, I2C Master Fast-mode plus up to 1 Mbit/s. Up to four of these interfaces can run independently.
Three general-purpose 16-bit timers as well as a watchdog timer are available.
One permanent timer (PMT) with a count capability up to 8 days in low-power mode is available.
The ST33Jxxx features hardware accelerators for advanced cryptographic functions. The EDES peripheral provides a secure DES (Data Encryption Standard) algorithm implementation, while the NESCRYPT crypto-processor efficiently supports the public key algorithm. The AES peripheral ensures secure and fast AES algorithm implementation.
The ST33Jxxx operates in the –25 to +85 °C temperature range and 1.8 V, 3 V and 5 V supply voltage ranges. A comprehensive range of power-saving modes enables the design of efficient low-power applications such as Hibernate mode down to 1 μA for embedded solutions and Standby mode for SIM or embedded applications.
In terms of application, ST offers optional software packages: NesLib public key cryptographic library and MIFARE4Mobile® v2.1.1 with MIFARE® Classic, DESFire® EV1.
In order to meet environmental requirements, ST offers this device in different grades of ECOPACK® packages, depending on their level of environmental compliance. ECOPACK® specifications, grade definitions and product status are available at: www.st.com. ECOPACK® is an ST trademark.
- Hardware features
- ARM® SecurCore® SC300™ 32-bit RISC core cadenced at 60 MHz
- Up to 2048 Kbytes of User Flash memory
- 50 Kbytes of User RAM
- ISO/IEC 7816-3 T=0 and T=1 protocols (Slave and Master modes)
- Single Wire Protocol (SWP) slave interface (ETSI 102-613 compliant)
- Master/slave serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- Two Master/Slave I2C interfaces
- Three 16-bit timers with interrupt capability
- Watchdog timer
- Eight multiplexed general-purpose I/Os
- 1.8 V, 3 V and 5 V supply voltage ranges
- External clock frequency from 1 up to 15 MHz
- Current consumption compatible with GSM and ETSI specifications
- Power-saving standby and hibernate states
- Contact assignment compatible with ISO/IEC 7816-2
- ESD protection greater than 4 kV (HBM) and up to 1 kV (CDM)
- D18 micromodule
- ECOPACK®-compliant WLCSP12 and QFN20 packages
- Sawn/unsawn 12” wafers
- Security features
- Platform and Flash loader security certification target according to CC EAL6+ / EMVCo
- Hardware security-enhanced DES accelerator
- Hardware security-enhanced AES accelerator
- MIFARE® Classic cryptography hardware accelerator
- NESCRYPT coprocessor for public key cryptography algorithm
- 16- and 32-bit CRC calculation block (ISO 13239, IEEE 802.3, etc.)
- Active shield
- Memory management unit
- Highly efficient protection against faults
- True random number generator
- Permanent timer
- Software features
- Secure Flash loader with high-speed downloading and post-delivery loading ability
- Optional NesLib public cryptographic library
- Optional MIFARE4Mobile® v2.1.1 with MIFARE® Classic, DESFire® EV1
- Hardware features
Recommended for you
All tools & software
Product Specifications (1)
|Resource title||Latest update|
|06 Apr 2020||
06 Apr 2020
|Resource title||Latest update|
|23 Nov 2020||
23 Nov 2020
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - ST33J2M0
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from Distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|ST33J2M0||No availability of distributors reported, please contact our sales office||