This STM32 Graphical User Interface (GUI) solution enables developers/engineers to fast and easily develop simple or more advanced smart phone-like GUIs on their embedded products.
By combining an STM32 Cortex-M7 with the state-of-the-art GUI software solution TouchGFX, companies can now meet their customers demand for richer user interfaces running resolutions up WVGA(800x480) or WSVGA (1024x600)to 480*272 and 1024*600 on 7” to 10” display sizes.
The STM32H750, STM32H747 and STM32F769 offers high performing graphic features like the 2D-DMA Chrom-ART, JPEG Hardware codec, fast external memory interfaces, MIPI-DSI and LTDC display interfaces.
TouchGFX and Advanced graphic partners solutions take the full benefit of STM32 hardware and bring the needed performance, advanced effects and ease of use to enable state of the ART user interfaces in embedded devices
The free of use TouchGFX software, comes with:
TouchGFX Designer, which is a WYSIWYG software tool, including multiple widgets, text/language management and much more.
TouchGFX Generator, for configuring and generating the TouchGFX abstraction layer for a custom board, and also providing an interoperable solution between TouchGFX and the STM32 tools: STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE.
- Industry’s broadest advanced graphic enabled MCU offer
- State-of-the-art graphical development tools available for free
- Support and documentation center
- Reference designs and selected design partners
More details about STM32 full graphic offer are available here.
Key Product Benefits
STM32H750, STM32H747 and STM32F769
- High performance Cortex-M7 Microcontrollers,
- FMC, QSPI, dual QSPI and OctoSPI memory interfaces for fast external Flash and RAM memory access.
- Chrom-ART graphic accelerator for richer and higher performing GUIs.
- JPEG hardware accelerator for tutorials and branding videos
- LTDC or MIPI-DSI display interfaces, for flexible display interfaces
- Smartphone-like animations such as swipe, scroll, 3D effects, video playback, and others
- transparency, alpha-blending, anti-aliased fonts, kerning and perspective correct texture mapping
- Wide choice of customizable widgets such as swipe container, animated images, shapes, scroll lists and others
- Customizable triggers and actions
- Optimized footprint with 10 to 35 KB of RAM and 20 to 100 KB of Flash
- Support of IAR, Keil and STM32CubeIDE
- A large worldwide network of touchGFX implementers able to deliver turnkey solutions and dedicated design consultancies
Extended graphic ecosystem
- Large choice of leading graphic partners such as Embedded wizard, QT, Crank and Segger
- Taking the full benefit of the STM32 features
- Offering advanced graphic software and tools solutions to enable fast and performant GUI design
- Design consultancy and turnkey solution implementation
STM32 evaluation kits and reference designs
- STM32H750 DISCO and STM32F769 DISCO discovery kit and evaluation board for evaluation and prototyping
- Large set of examples and demos based on TouchGFX as well as partners software