Discover the efficient power of Zigbee with STM32WB products and STM32Cube, chosen by more than 1 million developers, making it the reference in the industry. Seamlessly integrate your devices into a robust and efficient network that's widely deployed and field-proven, unlocking endless possibilities for smart homes, industrial automation and IoT applications. With Zigbee’s low-power consumption and reliable communication, coupled with STM32’s cutting-edge technology, you’ll experience enhanced connectivity, improved energy efficiency, and simplified development. Embrace the future of wireless connectivity with Zigbee and STM32 and unlock the true potential of your IoT projects.
Build Mesh solutions based on the STM32WB ultra-low-power 2.4 GHz wireless SoC and its market-proven solution. The STM32WB 2.4GHz wireless MCUs offers a free, comprehensive, robust and certified environment including the Zigbee PRO 2017 software stack.
Zigbee is an IEEE 802.15.4-based wireless protocol designed by the Connectivity Standard Alliance. Zigbee is a reliable, low-power and interoperable protocol, and shows high immunity in noisy RF environments. The Zigbee PRO certification ensures the interoperability of products, even if the origin is from different vendors.
STMicroelectronics is member of the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), present at the Board of Directors as promoter, as well as a council member of the Zigbee Alliance Member Group China (ZMGC).
IEEE 802.15.4 is a technical standard - maintained by the IEEE 802.15 working group - that defines the physical layer It thus provides a generic standard MAC layer that can be the basis for protocols - including Zigbee
Our Zigbee-certified solutions
- The Zigbee 3.0 Clusters are ideal for home or building automation applications, medical device data collection, and for other applications with low-power low-bandwidth needs, designed for small-scale wireless projects.
Using Zigbee PRO with Zigbee 3.0 ZCL allows developers to speed up the certification process and reduces product development costs.
Revolutionize Connectivity: Unleash the Potential of Zigbee with STM32WB
- The STM32WB Zigbee solution is based on a market proven Zigbee PRO 2017 protocol stack, and to further ease development, ST supports 46 Zigbee 3.0 clusters that help users quickly establish any device application.
- The STM32WB is a certified platform offering different features in order to perfectly match device configuration. Coordinator (ZC), Router (ZR) and End Device (ZED) configurations are available providing more freedom in device sizing, including the OTA capability and power consumption for example.
- The STM32WB is also available in module format (STM32WB5MMG). The preferred choice for developers requiring no RF expertise and the best way to speed-up development and to reduce associated costs
- STM32WB is also suitable for battery-powered or even battery-less applications thanks to Green power support.
- STM32WB supports BLE 5.4 in concurrent mode allowing Zigbee devices commissioning using smartphone or tablets.
Other applications targeting energy and water monitoring are covered with our Smart Energy 1.4 profile support. Our wide choice of packages, including QFN, BGA, Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (WLCSP) and pre-certified ready to use LGA module, is complemented by a rich STM32Cube evaluation and development environment for speeding up time to market.
The STM32WB MCU is available on the NUCLEO-WB55RG, P-NUCLEO-WB55 and the STM32WB5MM-DK discovery board with sensors, external flash memory, a screen, and touch sensors.
- Zigbee certified product
- Enhanced performance on the application and radio due to dual core architecture.
- Reliable connectivity and RF performance in challenging environments
- Extended battery life for energy-efficient operation
- Scalable mesh networking for flexible expansion
- Robust security against unauthorized access
- Simplified development for faster time to market
- Wide offer range in term of packaging
- Module option available to speed up time to market
- Getting started very fast thanks to the more than 46 examples are available on our ST Wiki
- The biggest community of developers to support you in the ST Community
- ST is committed to support Zigbee in the medium and Long-term. ST strongly believes Zigbee will help us to reach a more sustainable world.