The NFC Tap is an Apple® iOS application that uses the iOS13 expanded NFC to read and write ST25 NFC tags. It allows the user to write standardized data such as an URL, a simple text or a contact into any tag Types from 1 to 5, and to read or display NDEF messages such as URL, text, SMS, Email, vCard (including picture), phone call, calendar event, geolocation, and any kind of URIs. This application is also dedicated to handle the ST NFC Type 5 tags (ST25TV and ST25DV series NFC tags).
The application includes a demonstration dedicated to the ST25DV-I2C tag and to the ST25DV-Discovery kit, it downloads a picture from the tag and displays it on the smartphone.
When tapping a ST25DV-PWM tag, the application allows the user to control the duty-cycle of ST25DV-PWM tags at a fixed frequency (500 KHz).
A section menu allows the user to send any ISO15693 commands or to read, write or update the content of any Type5 tag user memory.
Depending on options, the user can automatically run iOS applications according to NDEF messages, whose individual content is displayed in both raw and decoded formats.
The Bluetooth® pairing NDEF demonstration (requiring specific firmware and discovery kits) is also included in the application, that allows the user to pair with iPhone and ST25DV Discovery kit, and to display in real time the battery and RSSI levels of the ST25DV Discovery kit.
STSW-ST25IOS001 is the reference for the application and STSW-ST25IOS002 is the reference for the open source code that manages the application according to the ST25SDK software library.
- Writes NDEF URL, text and vCard for any tag Types from 1 to 5
- Reads NDEF message, NFC Forum compliant example
- Text, SMS and Email
- Phone call
- Bluetooth® pairing
- Calendar event
- Mime and external records
- Custom App URI scheme “nfctap://”
- Reads and writes user memory for ST25 Type 5 tags
- ISO15693/NFC Forum Type 5 commands list user interface
- Tag information, CC file, System file (for ST Type 5 tag products) retrieval
- Specific functionalities (counters, GPO control, memory area and registers, according to found ST Type 5 tag)
- Password management (authentication, tag protection)
- Fast transfer mode demonstration with ST25DV Discovery kit
- ST25DV-PWM demonstration
- Supports every product belonging to the ST25 NFC/RFID tags and ST25 Dynamic NFC tags
- Bluetooth® pairing demonstration with ST25DV Discovery kit
- Runs automatically iOS applications according to NDEF message type
- Saves, loads and shares NDEF records for future accesses
- Opens App from URI scheme “nfctap://”
- Rating and review within App
- Support of NFC background tag reading
- Automatical launch of iOS App with universal link https://www.myst25.com
Tools & Software
Quality & Reliability
Sample & Buy
May 28, 2020