The STEVAL-IPM08B compact motor drive power board is based on SLLIMM™ (small low-loss intelligent molded module) 2nd series module ( STGIB8CH60TS-L). It provides an affordable and easy-to-use solution for driving high power motors in a wide range of applications such as power white goods, air conditioning, compressors, power fans, high-end power tools and 3-phase inverters for motor drives in general.
The IPM itself consists of short-circuit rugged IGBTs and a wide range of features like undervoltage lockout, smart shutdown, embedded temperature sensor and NTC, and overcurrent protection.
The main characteristics of this evaluation board are its small size, minimal BOM and high efficiency. It consists of an interface circuit (BUS and Vcc connectors), bootstrap capacitors, snubber capacitor, hardware short-circuit protection, fault event signal and temperature monitoring. It is designed to work in single or three shunt configuration and with dual current sensing options: using three dedicated on-board op-amps or using op-amps embedded on MCU. The Hall/Encoder part completes the circuit.
Thanks to these advanced characteristics, the system can provide the fast and accurate current feedback conditioning necessary for field oriented control (FOC). The STEVAL-IPM08B is compatible with the ST control board based on the STM32, thus providing a total platform for motor control.
- Input voltage: 125 to 400 VDC
- Nominal power: up to 800 W
- Nominal current: up to 4.8 A
- Input auxiliary voltage: up to 20 VDC
- Single- or three- shunt resistors for current sensing (with sensing network)
- Two options for current sensing: dedicated op-amps or through MCU
- Overcurrent hardware protection
- IPM temperature monitoring and protection
- Hall sensor or encoder input
- IGBT intelligent power module:
- 2nd series of SLLIMM IPM (STGIB8CH60TS-L – DBC package)
- Motor control connector (32 pin) interfacing with ST MCU boards
- Universal design for further evaluation with bread board and testing pins
- Very compact size
- RoHS compliant
Recommended for you
Home and Professional Appliances
Home, Building and City Automation
Industrial Motor Control
Industrial Power and Tools
Personal Care and Hygiene
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.