STM32F3 Series of mixed-signal MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions
The STM32F3 Series combines a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 core (with FPU and DSP instructions) running at 72 MHz with a high number of integrated analog peripherals leading to cost reduction at application level and simplifying application design, including:
- Ultra-fast comparators (25 ns)
- Op-amp with programmable gain
- 12-bit DACs
- Ultra-fast 12-bit ADCs with 5 MSPS (Million Samples Per Second) per channel (up to 18 MSPS in Interleaved mode)
- Precise 16-bit sigma-delta ADCs (21 channels)
- Core Coupled Memory SRAM (Routine Booster), a specific memory architecture boosting time-critical routines, accelerating the performance by 43%
- 144 MHz Advanced 16-bit pulse-width modulation timer (resolution < 7 ns) for control applications
- High resolution timer (217 picoseconds), self-compensated vs power supply and temperature drift
A flexible interconnect matrix allows autonomous communication between peripherals and saves CPU resources and power consumption.
A high degree of compatibility with STM32F0 Series guarantees outstanding efficiency when designing derivatives of applications at different performance levels.
The STM32F3 Series of mixed-signal microcontrollers consists of:
- The STM32F301, STM32F302, STM32F303 general-purpose product lines ranging from a basic, cost-efficient peripheral set, up to more performance and analog functions able to manage up to triple FOC motor control,
- The STM32F334 with high-resolution timer (217 picoseconds) and complex waveform builder plus event handler (HRTIM) for digital power conversion, such as digital switched-mode power supplies, lighting, welding, solar and wireless charging,
- The STM32F373, with 16-bit sigma-delta ADC and 7 built-in gains for high-precision measurements in applications such as biometric sensors or smart metering,
- The STM32F3x8 line, supporting 1.8 volt operation
Package options are LQPF48/64/100, UFBGA100, WLCSP100/66/49, UQFN32 for the devices ranging now from 16 up to 512 Kbytes of Flash memory.
Temperature range from -40 to 85 ° C or from -40 to 105 ° C (with a junction temperature of 125 ° C).
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Getting Started with the P-NUCLEO-IHM001
STM32 step-by-step is a learning program, and is part of the STM32 Education initiative, designed for anyone interested in getting started on building projects with the STM32 microcontroller and its powerful ecosystem of development boards and software programming tools.