The STM32F479xx devices are based on the high-performance Arm®1 Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 180 MHz. The Cortex®-M4 core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision which supports all Arm® single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
The STM32F479xx devices incorporate high-speed embedded memories (Flash memory up to 2 Mbytes, up to 384 Kbytes of SRAM), up to 4 Kbytes of backup SRAM, and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses, two AHB buses and a 32-bit multi-AHB bus matrix.
All devices offer three 12-bit ADCs, two DACs, a low-power RTC, twelve general-purpose 16-bit timers including two PWM timers for motor control, two general-purpose 32-bit timers, a true random number generator (RNG), and a cryptographic acceleration cell. They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces:
Advanced peripherals include an SDMMC interface, a flexible memory control (FMC) interface, a Quad-SPI Flash memory, camera interface for CMOS sensors and a cryptographic acceleration cell. Refer to Table 2 for the list of peripherals available on each part number.
The STM32F479xx devices operate in the –40 to +105 °C temperature range from a 1.7 to 3.6 V power supply. A dedicated supply input for USB (OTG_FS and OTG_HS) only in full speed mode, is available on all packages.
The supply voltage can drop to 1.7 V (refer to Section 2.19.2). A comprehensive set of power-saving mode allows the design of low-power applications.
The STM32F479xx devices are offered in eight packages, ranging from 100 to 216 pins. The set of included peripherals changes with the device chosen, according to Table 2.
These features make the STM32F479xx microcontrollers suitable for a wide range of applications:
Figure 5 shows the general block diagram of the device family.
Key FeaturesCore: Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU, Adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator™) allowing 0-wait state execution from Flash memory, frequency up to 180 MHz, MPU, 225 DMIPS/1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Dhrystone 2.1), and DSP instructions
- Up to 2 MB of Flash memory organized into two banks allowing read-while-write
- Up to 384+4 KB of SRAM including 64 KB of CCM (core coupled memory) data RAM
- Flexible external memory controller with up to 32-bit data bus: SRAM, PSRAM, SDRAM/LPSDR, SDRAM, Flash NOR/NAND memories
- Dual-flash mode Quad-SPI interface
- Chrom-ART Accelerator™ (DMA2D), graphical hardware accelerator enabling enhanced graphical user interface with minimum CPU load
- LCD parallel interface, 8080/6800 modes
- LCD TFT controller supporting up to XGA resolution
- MIPI® DSI host controller supporting up to 720p 30Hz resolution
Clock, reset and supply management
- 1.7 V to 3.6 V application supply and I/Os
- POR, PDR, PVD and BOR
- 4-to-26 MHz crystal oscillator
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (1% accuracy)
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- Internal 32 kHz RC with calibration
- Sleep, Stop and Standby modes
- VBAT supply for RTC, 20×32 bit backup registers + optional 4 KB backup SRAM
3×12-bit, 2.4 MSPS ADC: up to 24 channels and 7.2 MSPS in triple interleaved mode
2×12-bit D/A converters
General-purpose DMA: 16-stream DMA controller with FIFOs and burst support
Up to 17 timers: up to twelve 16-bit and two 32-bit timers up to 180 MHz, each with up to 4 IC/OC/PWM or pulse counter and quadrature (incremental) encoder input. 2x watchdogs and SysTick timer
Up to 161 I/O ports with interrupt capability
- SWD & JTAG interfaces
- Cortex®-M4 Trace Macrocell™
- Up to 157 fast I/Os up to 90 MHz
- Up to 159 5 V-tolerant I/Os
Up to 21 communication interfaces
- Up to 3 × I2C interfaces (SMBus/PMBus)
- Up to 4 USARTs and 4 UARTs (11.25 Mbit/s, ISO7816 interface, LIN, IrDA, modem control)
- Up to 6 SPIs (45 Mbits/s), 2 with muxed full-duplex I2S for audio class accuracy via internal audio PLL or external clock
- 1 x SAI (serial audio interface)
- 2 × CAN (2.0B Active)
- SDIO interface
- USB 2.0 full-speed device/host/OTG controller with on-chip PHY
- USB 2.0 high-speed/full-speed device/host/OTG controller with dedicated DMA, on-chip full-speed PHY and ULPI
- Dedicated USB power rail enabling on-chip PHYs operation throughout the entire MCU power supply range
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC with dedicated DMA: supports IEEE 1588v2 hardware, MII/RMII
8- to 14-bit parallel camera interface up to 54 Mbytes/s
- HW accelerator for AES 128, 192, 256, Triple DES, HASH (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) and HMAC
True random number generator
CRC calculation unit
RTC: subsecond accuracy, hardware calendar
96-bit unique ID
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
More and more devices have complex graphical user interfaces - much like smartphones - and ST's range of STM32 microcontrollers has a host of features which can be leveraged on a huge range of devices. We are constantly innovating to give you the performance you need!
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 144 20x20x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.