The STM32F469 and STM32F479 lines deliver the highest ARM® Cortex®-M4 performance and embed large memories and rich peripherals to enable the most advanced consumer, industrial and medical applications. The ART Accelerator™ for Flash memory and the Chrom-ART Accelerator™ for graphics coupled with LCD-TFT and MIPI-DSI display interfaces enables an advanced user interface while granting enough resources for demanding real-time processing.
The STM32F469 and SMT32F479 product lines provide from 512 Kbytes to 2 Mbytes of Flash, 384 Kbytes of SRAM and from 168 to 216 pins in packages as small as 4.89 x 5.69 mm.
- Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F469 and STM32F479 deliver 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to ST’s ART Accelerator™. The DSP instructions and the floating-point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
- Graphic user interface:
- The STM32F469 and STM32F479 embed ST’s proprietary Chrom-ART Accelerator™ and achieve state-of-the-art graphic capability with very low CPU load and enable advanced user interfaces and richer experiences.
- A new display interface (MIPI display serial interface) has been integrated in addition to the TFT-LCD controller. This new serial interface makes it possible to connect a display using a small number of pins while increasing the supported display resolution.
- Integration: Easily extendable memory range with flexible memory controller (FMC) and a Dual-mode Quad-SPI interface. The FMC runs at 90 MHz with a 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND and SDRAM memories. The Dual-mode Quad-SPI running at 90 MHz enables cost-effective NOR Flash and supports memory-mapped mode.
- Audio: 2 dedicated audio PLL, 2 full-duplex I²S , and 1 serial audio interfaces (SAI) supporting full-duplex I²S as well as time-division multiplex (TDM) mode.
- Ethernet MAC and USB OTG FS and HS with dedicated power rails enabling USB on-chip PHY operation throughout the entire MCU power supply range.
- Extended communication interfaces including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SD/MMC and camera interface.
- Analog: Two 12-bit DACs and three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in Interleaved mode.
- Timers: Up to seventeen 16- and 32-bit timers running at up to 180 MHz.
- Encryption: The STM32F479 also embeds a hardware cryptographic accelerator supporting AES-128, -192 and -256, Triple DES, hash functions (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) and HMAC as well as a true random number generator (TRNG).
- Power efficiency: ST’s 90-nm process, ART Accelerator™ and dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in Run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 280 µA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 120 µA (typical).
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings