The STM32F469 and STM32F479 lines deliver the highest Arm® Cortex®-M4 performance and embed large memories and rich peripherals to enable the most advanced consumer, industrial and medical applications. The ART Accelerator™ for Flash memory and the Chrom-ART Accelerator™ for graphics coupled with LCD-TFT and MIPI-DSI display interfaces enables an advanced user interface while granting enough resources for demanding real-time processing.
The STM32F469 and SMT32F479 product lines provide from 512 Kbytes to 2 Mbytes of Flash, 384 Kbytes of SRAM and from 168 to 216 pins in packages as small as 4.89 x 5.69 mm.
- Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F469 and STM32F479 deliver 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to ST’s ART Accelerator™. The DSP instructions and the floating-point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
- Graphic user interface:
- The STM32F469 and STM32F479 embed ST’s proprietary Chrom-ART Accelerator™ and achieve state-of-the-art graphic capability with very low CPU load and enable advanced user interfaces and richer experiences.
- A new display interface (MIPI display serial interface) has been integrated in addition to the TFT-LCD controller. This new serial interface makes it possible to connect a display using a small number of pins while increasing the supported display resolution.
- Integration: Easily extendable memory range with flexible memory controller (FMC) and a Dual-mode Quad-SPI interface. The FMC runs at 90 MHz with a 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND and SDRAM memories. The Dual-mode Quad-SPI running at 90 MHz enables cost-effective NOR Flash and supports memory-mapped mode.
- Audio: 2 dedicated audio PLL, 2 full-duplex I²S , and 1 serial audio interfaces (SAI) supporting full-duplex I²S as well as time-division multiplex (TDM) mode.
- Ethernet MAC and USB OTG FS and HS with dedicated power rails enabling USB on-chip PHY operation throughout the entire MCU power supply range.
- Extended communication interfaces including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SD/MMC and camera interface.
- Analog: Two 12-bit DACs and three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in Interleaved mode.
- Timers: Up to seventeen 16- and 32-bit timers running at up to 180 MHz.
- Encryption: The STM32F479 also embeds a hardware cryptographic accelerator supporting AES-128, -192 and -256, Triple DES, hash functions (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) and HMAC as well as a true random number generator (TRNG).
- Power efficiency: ST’s 90-nm process, ART Accelerator™ and dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in Run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 280 µA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 120 µA (typical).
Discover the STM32U5, the new secure, high-performance, and ultra-low power STM32 microcontrollers that will revolutionize your design. With STM32U5, there is no trade-off between power consumption and performance.
The B-U585I-IOT02A Discovery kit provides a complete demonstration and development platform for the STM32U585AI microcontroller, featuring an Arm® Cortex®-M33 core with Arm® TrustZone® and Armv8-M mainline security extension, 2 Mbytes of Flash memory and 786 Kbytes of SRAM, as well as smart peripheral resources.