The STM32F469 and STM32F479 lines deliver the highest ARM® Cortex®-M4 performance and embed large memories and rich peripherals to enable the most advanced consumer, industrial and medical applications. The ART Accelerator™ for Flash memory and the Chrom-ART Accelerator™ for graphics coupled with LCD-TFT and MIPI-DSI display interfaces enables an advanced user interface while granting enough resources for demanding real-time processing.
The STM32F469 and SMT32F479 product lines provide from 512 Kbytes to 2 Mbytes of Flash, 384 Kbytes of SRAM and from 168 to 216 pins in packages as small as 4.89 x 5.69 mm.
- Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F469 and STM32F479 deliver 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to ST’s ART Accelerator™. The DSP instructions and the floating-point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
- Graphic user interface:
- The STM32F469 and STM32F479 embed ST’s proprietary Chrom-ART Accelerator™ and achieve state-of-the-art graphic capability with very low CPU load and enable advanced user interfaces and richer experiences.
- A new display interface (MIPI display serial interface) has been integrated in addition to the TFT-LCD controller. This new serial interface makes it possible to connect a display using a small number of pins while increasing the supported display resolution.
- Integration: Easily extendable memory range with flexible memory controller (FMC) and a Dual-mode Quad-SPI interface. The FMC runs at 90 MHz with a 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND and SDRAM memories. The Dual-mode Quad-SPI running at 90 MHz enables cost-effective NOR Flash and supports memory-mapped mode.
- Audio: 2 dedicated audio PLL, 2 full-duplex I²S , and 1 serial audio interfaces (SAI) supporting full-duplex I²S as well as time-division multiplex (TDM) mode.
- Ethernet MAC and USB OTG FS and HS with dedicated power rails enabling USB on-chip PHY operation throughout the entire MCU power supply range.
- Extended communication interfaces including 4x USARTs plus 4x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 6x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SD/MMC and camera interface.
- Analog: Two 12-bit DACs and three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in Interleaved mode.
- Timers: Up to seventeen 16- and 32-bit timers running at up to 180 MHz.
- Encryption: The STM32F479 also embeds a hardware cryptographic accelerator supporting AES-128, -192 and -256, Triple DES, hash functions (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) and HMAC as well as a true random number generator (TRNG).
- Power efficiency: ST’s 90-nm process, ART Accelerator™ and dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in Run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 280 µA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 120 µA (typical).
As part of our embedded online event, we had the pleasure of filming with Reinhard Keil, a Senior Director of Embedded Tools at ARM.
This video is about the STM32L5, our recently announced ultra-low power microcontroller bringing a new security dimension. The STM32L5 is now in full production and all its ecosystem is available including hardware kits, software tools, firmware and all documentations of course. This is our first STM32 based on Cortex-M33 and its Trustzone and using specific ST security implementation - watch the video to find out more!
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.