The STM32G4x4 Hi-resolution line specifically addresses digital power conversion applications, such as D-SMPS, lighting, welding, inverters for solar systems and wireless chargers.
The main peripherals of the STM32G4x4 are:
- High-resolution timer: 184 ps, self-compensated versus power supply and temperature drift
- 5x ultra-fast 12-bit ADCs (4 Msamples/s)
- 7x 12-bit DACs (15 Msamples/s)
- 7x ultra-fast comparators (17 nanoseconds)
- 6x op amps with programmable gain
- ART, CCM SRAM, and mathematical accelerators
- Dual-bank Flash memory
The high-resolution timer consists of a bank of 7 timers totaling:
- 12 PWM outputs (can be coupled by pairs)
- 10 external events inputs (current limitation, zero voltage / zero current detection, etc.) and 6 fault inputs
The main features of the high-resolution timers are:
- 184 ps resolution available for all operating modes
- Variable duty cycle, variable frequency, and transition mode
- A number of features enable unloading the CPU
- Valley skipping and slope compensation
- One DMA channel per timer
- Built-in burst mode controller and topology specific modes: push-pull and resonant.
- Numerous interconnects between timers to:
- Reset/Start adjacent timers
- Set / Reset / Toggle other outputs
- Transparent high-resolution implementation (equivalent to 4.6 GHz timer) for easy programming
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.