The STM32G4x4 Hi-resolution line specifically addresses digital power conversion applications, such as D-SMPS, lighting, welding, inverters for solar systems and wireless chargers.
The main peripherals of the STM32G4x4 are:
- High-resolution timer: 184 ps, self-compensated versus power supply and temperature drift
- 5x ultra-fast 12-bit ADCs (4 Msamples/s)
- 7x 12-bit DACs (15 Msamples/s)
- 7x ultra-fast comparators (17 nanoseconds)
- 6x op amps with programmable gain
- ART, CCM SRAM, and mathematical accelerators
- Dual-bank Flash memory
- Up to 3x CAN FD
- USB 2.0 full-speed data interface (device)
- USB Type-C™ and power delivery controller (UCPD)
The high-resolution timer consists of a bank of 7 timers totaling:
- 12 PWM outputs (can be coupled by pairs)
- 10 external events inputs (current limitation, zero voltage / zero current detection, etc.) and 6 fault inputs
The main features of the high-resolution timers are:
- 184 ps resolution available for all operating modes
- Variable duty cycle, variable frequency, and transition mode
- A number of features enable unloading the CPU
- Valley skipping and slope compensation
- One DMA channel per timer
- Built-in burst mode controller and topology specific modes: push-pull and resonant.
- Numerous interconnects between timers to:
- Reset/Start adjacent timers
- Set / Reset / Toggle other outputs
- Transparent high-resolution implementation (equivalent to 4.6 GHz timer) for easy programming
The STM32G4 Series combines a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 core (with FPU and DSP instructions) running at 170 MHz combined with 3 different hardware accelerators: ART Accelerator™, CCM-SRAM routine booster and mathematical accelerators.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.