The access line ultra-low-power STM32L051x6/8 microcontrollers incorporate the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M0+ 32-bit RISC core operating at a 32 MHz frequency, a memory protection unit (MPU), high-speed embedded memories (64 Kbytes of Flash program memory, 2 Kbytes of data EEPROM and 8 Kbytes of RAM) plus an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals.
The STM32L051x6/8 devices provide high power efficiency for a wide range of performance. It is achieved with a large choice of internal and external clock sources, an internal voltage adaptation and several low-power modes.
The STM32L051x6/8 devices offer several analog features, one 12-bit ADC with hardware oversampling, two ultra-low-power comparators, several timers, one low-power timer (LPTIM), three general-purpose 16-bit timers and one basic timer, one RTC and one SysTick which can be used as timebases. They also feature two watchdogs, one watchdog with independent clock and window capability and one window watchdog based on bus clock.
Moreover, the STM32L051x6/8 devices embed standard and advanced communication interfaces: up to two I2C, two SPIs, one I2S, two USARTs, a low-power UART (LPUART), .
The STM32L051x6/8 also include a real-time clock and a set of backup registers that remain powered in Standby mode.
The ultra-low-power STM32L051x6/8 devices operate from a 1.8 to 3.6 V power supply (down to 1.65 V at power down) with BOR and from a 1.65 to 3.6 V power supply without BOR option. They are available in the -40 to +125 °C temperature range. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allows the design of low-power applications.
Key FeaturesUltra-low-power platform
- 1.65 V to 3.6 V power supply
- -40 to 125 °C temperature range
- 0.27 μA Standby mode (2 wakeup pins)
- 0.4 μA Stop mode (16 wakeup lines)
- 0.8 μA Stop mode + RTC + 8 KB RAM retention
- 88 μA/MHz in Run mode
- 3.5 μs wakeup time (from RAM)
- 5 μs wakeup time (from Flash memory)
Core: Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M0+ with MPU
- From 32 kHz up to 32 MHz max.
- 0.95 DMIPS/MHz
- Up to 64 KB Flash memory with ECC
- 8KB RAM
- 2 KB of data EEPROM with ECC
- 20-byte backup register
- Sector protection against R/W operation
Up to 51 fast I/Os (45 I/Os 5V tolerant)
Reset and supply management
- Ultra-safe, low-power BOR (brownout reset) with 5 selectable thresholds
- Ultra-low-power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- 1 to 25 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- High speed internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (+/- 1%)
- Internal low-power 37 kHz RC
- Internal multispeed low-power 65 kHz to 4.2 MHz RC
- PLL for CPU clock
- USART, SPI supported
- Serial wire debug supported
Rich Analog peripherals
- 12-bit ADC 1.14 Msps up to 16 channels (down to 1.65 V)
- 2x ultra-low-power comparators (window mode and wake up capability, down to 1.65 V)
7-channel DMA controller, supporting ADC, SPI, I2C, USART, Timers
7x peripheral communication interfaces
- 2x USART (ISO 7816, IrDA), 1x UART (low power)
- Up to 4x SPI 16 Mbits/s
- 2x I2C (SMBus/PMBus)
9x timers: 1x 16-bit with up to 4 channels, 2x 16-bit with up to 2 channels, 1x 16-bit ultra-low-power timer, 1x SysTick, 1x RTC, 1x 16-bit basic, and 2x watchdogs (independent/window)
CRC calculation unit, 96-bit unique ID
All packages are ECOPACK®2
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
More and more devices have complex graphical user interfaces - much like smartphones - and ST's range of STM32 microcontrollers has a host of features which can be leveraged on a huge range of devices. We are constantly innovating to give you the performance you need!
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|WLCSP 36L DIE 417 P 0.4 MM||Industrial||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.