The ST25DV-I2C series of dynamic NFC/RFID tags offers a 13.56 MHz long-range interface compatible with NFC phones and readers.
Based on an ISO/IEC 15693 and NFC Forum Type 5 tag, ST25DV tag ICs can be operated from an RFID reader or an NFC phone. They also include an I2C interface that lets them connect to a host (MCU or MPU for example).
These tags feature an innovative fast transfer mode between an embedded host and an NFC phone or reader thanks to their half-duplex 256-byte buffer.
ST25DV-I2C dynamic NFC/RFID tags can be used in a wide variety of applications including consumer electronics, industrial, metering, electronic shelf labels, IoT objects and more.
- ISO/IEC 15693 and NFC Forum Type 5 tag contactless interface
- 1-MHz I2C serial interface operating from 1.8 to 5.5 V
- EEPROM memory density from 4 to 64 Kbits
- Fast Transfer mode thanks to 256-byte buffer
- Energy harvesting feature
- 64-bit password protection
- GPO interruption pin configurable on multiple RF events
- Temperature ranges
- Range 6:
- From -40 to 85 °C
- Range 8:
- From -40 to 105 °C (UDFPN8 only)
- From -40 to 125 °C (SO8N and TSSOP8 only, 105 °C max on RF interface)
- Range 6:
- Simple antenna design, backward compatible with M24LR series
By combining its Fast Transfer mode over ISO/IEC 15693 distances with NFC Forum Type 5 support as well as Energy Harvesting capabilities, the ST25DV-I2C series offers a unique set of features for a broad range of Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial (Industry 4.0) applications.
Perfectly suited to get instant read-outs of device status, usage and diagnostics, ST25DV-I2C tags give battery-free or power-conscious devices the ability to communicate, even if they are completely sealed.
A common trademark is their ability to support multiple use-cases all along a product's lifetime: from product tracking and factory customization to black box tool at product end-of-life, as well as providing a convenient interface for end-user or maintenance support in the field.