The L5981 is a step-down switching regulator with a 1.5 A (min.) current limited embedded Power MOSFET, so it is able to deliver in excess of 1 A DC current to the load depending on the application condition.
The input voltage can range from 2.9 V to 18 V, while the output voltage can be set starting from 0.6 V to VIN. Having a minimum input voltage of 2.9 V, the device is suitable also for a 3.3 V bus.
Requiring a minimum set of external components, the device includes an internal 250 kHz switching frequency oscillator that can be externally adjusted up to 1 MHz.
The VFQFPN8 package with an exposed pad allows reducing the RthJA down to approximately 60 °C/W.
- 1 A DC output current
- 2.9 V to 18 V input voltage
- Output voltage adjustable from 0.6 V
- 250 kHz switching frequency, programmable up to 1 MHz
- Internal soft-start and inhibit
- Low dropout operation: 100% duty cycle
- Voltage feedforward
- Zero load current operation
- Overcurrent and thermal protection
- VFQFPN8 3 mm x 3 mm package
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.