Based on trench field-stop (TFS) technology, the 1200 V IGBT S series is designed for applications working at very low frequencies (up to 8 kHz). Optimized for the lowest combined conduction and turn-off losses, they enable designers to increase the power-conversion efficiency of UPS, solar generators, welders and industrial motor drives. IGBTs are belonging to the STPOWER family.
In addition, the S series IGBTs feature the lowest VCE(sat) among 1200 V IGBTs currently on the market, which ensures a lower voltage drop and minimizes power dissipation thereby simplifying thermal management.
A 10 µs minimum short-circuit withstand time (at 150 °C starting junction temperature) combined with an extended maximum operating junction temperature of 175 °C and a wide safe operating area (SOA), ensures device reliability and ruggedness.
Available in 15 A, 25 A and 40 A current ratings in standard or long-lead TO-247 packages, the 1200 V IGBT S series delivers an optimal trade-off between conduction and switching performance combined with outstanding robustness and EMI performance.
STPOWER IGBT main characteristics:
- Lowest VCE(sat) among 1200 V IGBTs currently on the market
- Low voltage drop IGBT series tailored for high power industrial drives with a switching frequency up to 8 kHz
- High robustness and reliability thanks to 1200 V breakdown voltage, 10 µs min. short-circuit rating (at 150 °C starting TJ) and extended max operating TJ of 175 °C
- Thin IGBT die for increased thermal resistance
- Positive VCE(sat) temperature coefficient, with tight parameter distribution, for design simplification and easy paralleling
- Optimized diode for fast recovery (high level of softness, low EMI and turn-on losses)
Ideal for hard-switching topologies up to 8 kHz, ST’s 1200 V IGBT S series complements ST’s 1200 V IGBT M series and H series, which are designed for optimum efficiency at up to 20 kHz and over 20 kHz respectively.
Our wide STPOWER product portfolio combined with state-of-the art packaging and protections for high reliability and safety helps designers find the right solutions for customized, high-efficiency applications that will last a long lifetime.
Recommended for you
Events and Seminars