The STSAFS320WSBCS01 system on chip is a top-class embedded secure element (eSE) able to manage Java® Card applets from different stakeholders (such as the user, original equipment manufacturer (OEM), hardware integrator, or service provider).
The device is compliant with Java® Card 3.0.5 with enhanced mechanisms of memory management, security, and data management.
It also supports the GlobalPlatform® Card Specifications v.2.3 and related amendments:
The STSAFS320WSBCS01 is integrated with Android™ applications “Keymint” and “Weaver”. It can also host STMicroelectronics applications for secure storage.
It provides state-of-the-art security of the provided functionality, resistant to recent EMVCo/JIL Hardware-related Attacks Subgroup (JHAS)-identified vulnerabilities.
Moreover, the STSAFS320WSBCS01 ensures a high level of security and isolation between applications, and Common Criteria EAL5+ certification is ongoing.
- Hardware features
- Arm® Cortex®-M35P 32-bit RISC core cadenced at 70 MHz
- Operating temperature range: –30 °C to 85 °C
- High-stress memory (HSM):
- Endurance of 200 000 erase/write cycles
- Configured to enhance specific object endurance: 10 million write cycles for specific data
- Provides a total of 1 gigabyte of updated data
- 15 years' data retention
- Available in a 24-ball wafer-level chip-scale package (WLCSP24)
- External interfaces:
- ISO/IEC 7816-3 (ST Reserved test feature)
- Slave serial peripheral interface (SPI) up to 10 MHz
- Slave I²C interface up to 1 Mb/s
- Class C (1.8 V), Class B (3 V) and 3.3 V supply voltage ranges
- ESD protection greater than 4 kV (HBM)
- Software features
- Java® Card 3.0.5 Classic operating system
- GlobalPlatform® 2.3 support
- Support for GlobalPlatform® SCP03 and SCP11
- Support for GlobalPlatform® executable load file (ELF) upgrade
- Dynamic memory management
- APDU communication over I²C/SPI based on the GlobalPlatform® “APDU Transport over I2C/SPI” specification
- Firmware upgrade mechanism
- Hardware features
Recommended for you
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - STSAFE-S320
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|WLCSP DIE K460 24 B||Industrial||N/A|| |
Package:WLCSP DIE K460 24 B
WLCSP DIE K460 24 B
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|STSAFE-S320|| distributors |
Distributor availability of STSAFE-S320
Distributor reported inventory date:
| Buy from Distributor || |
|3A991.a.2||NEC||Tape and Reel||WLCSP DIE K460 24 B||-||-||FRANCE|| |
Tape and Reel
Operating Temperature (°C)
Country of Origin:
(*) Suggested Resale Price (USD) per defined quantity for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors