Our intention is to add value to the communities in which we operate – through community involvement initiatives, industry and academic partnerships, and local economic development.
Our wide-ranging engagement with the local communities around our sites all over the world is a strong aspect of our culture. Whether at corporate, site management or employee level, the many initiatives we launch or participate in reflect our commitment to positively impact the local communities around our sites.
We annually assess our contribution to our local communities using the London Benchmarking Group's methodology.
Each site is encouraged to develop and adopt a community investment strategy that has an emphasis on one or more of the following areas:
- Educating and supporting young people: creating opportunities for young people to broaden their education, knowledge and use of electronics and IT technologies.
- Promoting technology and innovation: shaping the future contribution that the semiconductor industry will make to society.
- Philanthropy and social welfare: supporting charitable organizations and causes.
- Economic development: supporting individuals and small and medium enterprises in their economic development
- Responsible environmental management: protecting the environment and helping to protect vulnerable communities from the impacts of environmental change.
- ST Foundation: engaging employees in ST Foundation’s Digital Unify program, aimed at bringing IT technology to less privileged communities.
Objectives and performance are available in our Sustainability Report.