ST has extended the STM32L4 technology providing more performance (up to 120 MHz), more embedded memory (up to 2 Mbytes of Flash memory and 640 Kbytes of SRAM) and richer graphics and connectivity features while keeping our best-in-class ultra-low-power capability.
The STM32L4+ series shatters the limits of processing capabilities in the ultra-low-power world. By delivering an 150 DMIPS/409 CoreMark score while executing from internal Flash memory and embedding 640 Kbytes SRAM, the STM32L4+ series enables more advanced consumer, medical and industrial low-power applications and devices.
STM32L4+ microcontrollers offer dynamic voltage scaling in order to balance power consumption with processing demand, low-power peripherals (LP UART, LP timers - available in Stop mode), safety and security features, smart and numerous peripherals, advanced as well as low-power analog peripherals such as op amps, comparators, 12-bit DACs and 16-bit ADC (hardware oversampling).
The new STM32L4+ series also embeds advanced features for rendering graphics, enabling state-of-the-art graphical user interfaces.
The Chrom-ART Accelerator™, ST's proprietary 2D hardware graphic accelerator, efficiently handles repetitive graphics releasing the main CPU capabilities for real time processing or even more advanced graphic operations.
The Chrom-ART Accelerator is coupled with the large embedded SRAM, the Chrom-GRC™ round display memory optimizer, the high-throughput Octo-SPI interface and the advanced TFT and DSI controllers, allowing you to achieve “smartphone-like” graphical user interfaces in an ultra-low power single-chip solution.
The STM32L4+ series includes different lines: STM32L4R5/S5, STM32L4R7/S7 (with TFT interface), STM32L4R9/S9 (with MIPI-DSI and with TFT interface) and STM32L4P5/Q5.
To simplify migration and give you all the flexibility you need, the STM32L4+ is pin-to-pin compatible with the different STM32 series and is fully integrated in the STM32 ecosystem.
- Ultra-low-power mode: 20 nA with backup registers without real-time clock (5 wakeup pins)
- Ultra-low-power mode + RTC: 150 nA with backup registers (5 wakeup pins)
- Ultra-low-power mode + 4 Kbytes of RAM: 242 nA
- Ultra-low-power mode + 4 Kbytes of RAM + RTC: 390 nA
- Dynamic run mode: down to 41 μA/MHz
- Wake-up time: 5 μs
Learn more about the key features and specifications of the 32-bit Arm Cortex-M4 processor, featuring dedicated Digital Signal Processing (DSP) IP blocks and optional FPU.
Discover the large and pin-to-pin compatible STM32 ultra-low-power portfolio. This offer covers more than 2 billion of applications like IoT, Industrial sensors, wearables & home automation.
STM32L4R9 Evaluation board running a TouchGFX demo application. An example of how you can benefit from the unique features of STM32L4+ series to bring sharper user experiences to wearables and smart objects with a best-in class battery life time.
Check out how to get started with our STM32L4R9I Discovery Kit which gives you access to a 1.2 inch 390x390 pixel LCD screen with capacitive touch screen!
Recommended for you
Events and Seminars
Getting started with STM32L4+
- Order the 144-pin nucleo boards (NUCLEO-L4R5ZI, NUCLEO-L4R5ZI-P or NUCLEO-L4P5ZG) and the discovery kits (32L4R9IDISCOVERY or STM32L4P5G-DK) or the STM32L4R9I-EVAL evaluation kit for STM32L4+ MCUs.
- Download the STM32CubeL4 embedded software package containing the HAL, LL (Low-Layer) APIs, and middleware. Then install ST’s STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool that supports pinout configuration, code generation and a power-consumption calculator. Start with one of the many examples provided or build your own project from scratch.
- Watch the STM32L4+ Online Training
- Read the STM32L4+ blog article for further details.