ST has extended the STM32L4 technology providing more performance (up to 120 MHz), more embedded memory (up to 2 Mbytes of Flash memory and 640 Kbytes of SRAM) and richer graphics and connectivity features while keeping our best-in-class ultra-low-power capability.
The STM32L4+ series shatters the limits of processing capabilities in the ultra-low-power world. By delivering an 150 DMIPS/409 CoreMark score while executing from internal Flash memory and embedding 640 Kbytes SRAM, the STM32L4+ series enables more advanced consumer, medical and industrial low-power applications and devices.
STM32L4+ microcontrollers offer dynamic voltage scaling in order to balance power consumption with processing demand, low-power peripherals (LP UART, LP timers - available in Stop mode), safety and security features, smart and numerous peripherals, advanced as well as low-power analog peripherals such as op amps, comparators, 12-bit DACs and 16-bit ADC (hardware oversampling).
The new STM32L4+ series also embeds advanced features for rendering graphics, enabling state-of-the-art graphical user interfaces.
The Chrom-ART Accelerator™, ST's proprietary 2D hardware graphic accelerator, efficiently handles repetitive graphics releasing the main CPU capabilities for real time processing or even more advanced graphic operations.
The Chrom-ART Accelerator is coupled with the large embedded SRAM, the Chrom-GRC™ round display memory optimizer, the high-throughput Octo-SPI interface and the advanced TFT and DSI controllers, allowing you to achieve “smartphone-like” graphical user interfaces in an ultra-low power single-chip solution.
To simplify migration and give you all the flexibility you need, the STM32L4+ is pin-to-pin compatible with the different STM32 series and is fully integrated in the STM32 ecosystem.
- Ultra-low-power mode: 20 nA with backup registers without real-time clock (5 wakeup pins)
- Ultra-low-power mode + RTC: 150 nA with backup registers (5 wakeup pins)
- Ultra-low-power mode + 4 Kbytes of RAM: 242 nA
- Ultra-low-power mode + 4 Kbytes of RAM + RTC: 390 nA
- Dynamic run mode: down to 41 μA/MHz
- Wake-up time: 5 μs
Tilen tells you all about the STM32Cube Ecosystem, and what makes it so special.
Discover the large and pin-to-pin compatible STM32 ultra-low-power portfolio. This offer covers more than 2 billion of applications like IoT, Industrial sensors, wearables & home automation.
This video is about the STM32L5, our recently announced ultra-low power microcontroller bringing a new security dimension. The STM32L5 is now in full production and all its ecosystem is available including hardware kits, software tools, firmware and all documentations of course. This is our first STM32 based on Cortex-M33 and its Trustzone and using specific ST security implementation - watch the video to find out more!
Getting started with STM32L4+
- Order the 144-pin nucleo boards (NUCLEO-L4R5ZI, NUCLEO-L4R5ZI-P or NUCLEO-L4P5ZG) and the discovery kits (32L4R9IDISCOVERY or STM32L4P5G-DK) or the STM32L4R9I-EVAL evaluation kit for STM32L4+ MCUs.
- Download the STM32CubeL4 embedded software package containing the HAL, LL (Low-Layer) APIs, and middleware. Then install ST’s STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool that supports pinout configuration, code generation and a power-consumption calculator. Start with one of the many examples provided or build your own project from scratch.
- Watch the STM32L4+ Online Training
- Read the STM32L4+ blog article for further details.