STMicroelectronics is committed to offering reliable and cost-effective wireless connectivity solutions:
- To connect smart objects to the internet and the cloud, or, in a broader sense, to the Internet of Things (IoT).
- To remotely monitor, configure and control appliances and devices.
- To replace cables & connectors with wireless communications.
Wireless Connectivity: multiple protocols for a large diversity of applications
The wireless technology behind every network features a specific communication range, power efficiency, latency, bandwidth, and networking topology. These are some of the most important parameters defined by the many standard communication protocols available as of today.
With the growing importance of wireless sensor networks and even more broadly the Internet of Things related devices, there is virtually no electronic system that does not require wireless connectivity. Typical use cases go from consumer to industrial applications such as for wearable devices, smart-building and home-automation, asset-tracking solutions, or medical devices.
Products & devices covering the widest range of wireless connectivity technologies
ST's portfolio offers an extensive variety of RF solutions covering most of the key protocols and standards as well as proprietary radio solutions.
From ultra-low-power RF transceivers to network processors ICs and a comprehensive family of Wireless System-on-Chip, including pre-certified wireless modules to simplify quick adoption of those technologies. The ST wireless portfolio covers the widest range of connectivity technologies including:
- Sub-1GHz long-range networking devices (enabling Wireless M-Bus, Sigfox and LoRaWAN® connectivity)
- 60 GHz short range millimetre-wave RF
- Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE)
- Zigbee 3.0
- LTE Cat-NB2 and narrow band IoT (NB-IoT) with global navigation satellite system (GNSS).
To speed up your time to market, reference designs and RF modules are available as well as a complete development ecosystem and framework with software packages, tools, protocol stacks, example applications, evaluation boards and quick start tutorials. This represents an all-in-one solution for a smarter and more connected world with the most sustainable wireless technologies.
We recently hit the market with a major breakthrough: the world’s first multi-modulation MCU, supporting LoRaWAN. It is now available in a dual-core version with advanced security.