A motorized game lets a player control the tilt of a plate to move a small ball through the maze.
- Multi-axis position control using low-voltage industrial servo drives
- Complete ST solutions for high-end industrial applications with Ethernet real-time connectivity
ST Parts: STM32F767ZI, STDRIVE601, STH270N8F7
A robot transformer shifting from humanoid to car shape, controlled by a smartphone app. In the car "mode", it can be moved as a radio controlled car.
- Example of a real robotic application developed by ST Partners
- Complex moving algorithm using ST devices
- ST solution for robotic applications
ST Parts: STM32F103C8T6
4-Legged Walking Robot
A small walking 4-legged robot powered by ST motion control board and maxon motors as actuators.
- Example of robotic motion-control solutions with ST EVALKIT-ROBOT-1
- Precise position control using highly integrated ST devices
- ST solution for robotic applications
ST Parts: STSPIN32F0, STL36DN6F7
Rotary Inverted Pendulum
Furuta rotary inverted pendulum is based on the STEVAL-EDUKIT01 and keeps the pendulum upright using a stepper motor on the vertical axis. The system can also control the direction and the speed to reach a target position.
- The demo shows how the stepper-motor-control firmware can affect the performance of an inherently unstable control system
- Enables experiments on stepper-motor-control as an example of a real complex application
- Enables undergrad-level hands-on experience on an unstable control system problem
ST Parts: STM32F401, L6474PD
Mirror Robot Head
A robotic head sees and mimics visitor head movements and expressions.
- ST image sensor, customized (or programmed) for computer vision and face analysis
- The imaging sensor is a new Global Shutter, ensuring a perfect image freeze, key for computer vision
- Face analysis is sharp thanks to ST sensor high sensitivity even under Near-IR 940 nm illumination
ST Parts: New Global Shutter Image Sensor
Advanced ToF Human Presence detection including user location in front of the device.
- Latest generation FlightSense multizone new sensor allows human detection, user tracking and motion detection
- Latest generation FlightSense combined with AI algorithms enables new features including Multi-user, Gesture detection, User intent
- Low-power & wide Field-of-view. Fully compatible with Windows and INTEL ISH ecosystem
ST Parts: Latest generation FlightSense
Hand Tracking and Gesture
Single ToF sensor hand tracking and gesture recognition.
- Latest generation FlightSense multizone sensor tracks hand motion and supports reliable gesture recognition
- ST direct ToF technology allows robust User Gestures recognition with a 100% privacy
- Low-power Gesture recognition
ST Parts: Latest generation FlightSense
Smart shelf provides real-time inventory status.
- VL53L1 sensor enables counting of remaining goods on racks and automatic replenishment of inventory
- Significant cost saving for retail shops by ensuring goods are always stocked
- Programmable Field of View supports tracking of different-sized of goods in narrow or
ST Parts: VL53L1X on SensorTile
Memory game with automatic verification of the color sequence: "drop the colored poker chips in the slot in the same order as the color sequence. Match the sequence and you win!"
- Smaller than a grain of rice, the VD6282 is the smallest color sensor available
- Excellent sensitivity in low light on all 5 channels (R, G, B, IR, Clear)
- VD6282 can be used to accurately calculate illuminance, chromaticity and color temperature
ST Parts: VD6282 (Contact an ST sales Rep for details)
SiC-Based HV Power Supply
SiC MOSFET enabled flyback topology 400 V-1200 V input to 48 V output. Can achieve 90 W without heat sink and 175 W with small heat sink. Targeted for industrial auxiliarly power supply.
- SiC MOSFET enables low mechanical-cost flyback solution
- Increased power density for high-voltage industrial auxiliary supplies
- Wide input range covers breadth of standard industrial requirements world-wide
ST Parts: SiC MOSFET
7.5 kW SiC Power Module
3-phase 7.5 kW motor drive for industrial applications based on ACEPACK1 with internal 1200 V Gen 2 SiC MOSFET 6-pack for high-power inverters.
- High power-density motor drive using 1200 V Gen 2 SiC MOSFETs in compact ACEPACK1 module
- Simple mechanical solution to reduce assembly size and costs
ST Parts: SiC MOSFET
GaN MOSFET Display
Introduction to GaN power-switch development for high power-density power supplies.
- Preview of new GaN MOSFETs in development
- New 650 V and 100 V power MOS coming late 2020
- Innovative bonding-free packages enabling high switching frequencies
ST Parts: GaN MOSFET (Contact an ST sales Rep for details)
Advanced Generation SiC MOSFETs Display
Introducing third generation Silicon Carbide MOSFET technology, surpassing ST’s best in class 2nd generation planar devices.
- 3rd generation coming late 2020
- Comparison of figures-of-merit
- Advanced packaging options for demanding industrial applications
ST Parts: SCTH35N65G2V-7, SCTW40N120G2VAG, SiC MOSFET
NFC Experience Wall
NFC/RFID Readers and Tags to augment the Smart Home experience and increase supply-chain productivity.
- NFC to connect and manage Smart Home devices to augment the Smart Home experience
- NFC D-Tags to store parameter setting in production or warehouse, without connecting power or cables
- NFC/RFID Tag ecosystem to add value to the entire supply chain
ST Parts: ST25
Data Center Power Delivery
High-efficiency and high-power-density power delivery for 54 V to regulated 12 V intermediate bus in modern data center.
- Stacked Buck (STB) delivers an efficient, low-profile, high-density, intermediate conversion from 48 V/54 V to regulated 12 V power distribution bus
- Stacked Buck (STB) offers a scalable architecture that can support up to 3.2 kW using four 800 W cells
- Stacked Buck (STB) uses off the shelf components allowing extreme flexibility in the design and BOM selection
ST Parts: STPRDC02, PM6776
Switched Tank Converter (STC)
High-efficiency and high-power-density power delivery for 54 V to unregulated 12 V intermediate bus in modern data center.
- Delivers an efficient, extremely low-profile, high-density, intermediate conversion from 48 V/54 V to an unregulated 12 V power distribution bus
- Can deliver up to 1 kW power with different conversion ratio based on the specific power needs
- Uses off the shelf components allowing extreme flexibility in the design and BOM selection
ST Parts: STPRDC02, STNRG328A
Digital Multiphase VR
12 V Multiphase controller for CPU and digital ASIC power delivery.
- Digitally controlled multiphase solution delivers high-power to the most sophisticated digital loads maximizing efficiency and minimizing BOM count
- ST solution implements a proprietary control loop that allows the fastest transient response under any working conditions fully compliant to latest generation Intel CPUs
- ST offers a complete solution for CPU and DDR power delivery
ST Parts: PM6779 (in development), PM6776
MEMS Actuators Driving VR
A wide range of innovative augmented reality products based on ST’s unique MEMS actuator technology.
- MEMS micromirror technology enables AR applications in visible and invisible projection.
- Ultralight and small form factor MEMS speaker enables compact audio modules for wearables
- Simultaneous detection and virtual image-projection driven by MEMS micromirror scanning system
ST Parts: MEMS Micromirror, Drivers, and High-Performance Sensors
Vein Viewing System
Accuvein AV500 portable vein viewing system is based on ST MEMS micromirrors.
- ST actuation technology enables AR applications using both visible and invisible projection
- Simultaneous vein detection and virtual image projection thanks to MEMS micromirror scanning system
- Device qualified for medical applications
ST Parts: MEMS Micromirror and Drivers
Scent Dispenser and Skincare
AIRIA Scent Dispenser and Precision Skincare Device from P&G®.
- High-precision dispensing of fragrances and cosmetics enable by ST MEMS microfluidic technology
- Microfluidic technology allows release of lightweight microdroplets and tight control of dispensing
- Fully mature technology, available in commercial products
ST Parts: Microfluidic MEMS Devices (Contact an ST sales Rep for details)
Smart Air Filter
Cloud-enabled air-flow monitor and smart filter using ST BlueNRG-2 and pressure sensors.
- ST eval kits plus filter-monitoring dashboard for filter health and ventilation system pressure
- Full "end-to-end" system example with sensors, connectivity, and cloud-based application
- ST pressure sensors and BlueNRG are the key building blocks for this innovative demo
ST Parts: BlueNRG-2, LPS22HH, STM32
Solutions for Industry 4.0
End-to-end sensor-to-cloud platform with ST Dev kits and AWS Cloud services. Various sensors and connectivity solutions are used, while processing and AI are distributed between the edge and the Cloud.
- Industrial sensors (most with 10-year longevity assurance) and sensing techniques applied to predictive maintenance
- AI at the Edge and Smart-sensor level
- Platform security with STSAFE on STM32L4-powered node and TPM on STM32MP1
STM32Trust offers a robust multi-level strategy to enhance security in new product designs that utilize our STM32 Microcontrollers and STSAFE secure elements.
- STM32Trust is the security framework combining our knowledge, ecosystem and security services
- The STM32Trust solution offers a complete toolset for code and execution protection
- STM32Trust ensures IP protection, data is secured, and validated credentials are used
ST Parts: STM32, STSAFE
STM32MP1 general-purpose microprocessor for embedded Linux and real-time applications.
- Flexible multicore architecture addresses a wide range of markets and applications
- Part of a robust ecosystem, which also includes a dedicated PMIC, for simplified development and accelerated time to market
ST Parts: STM32MP1, STPMIC1
Asset Tracking demonstration with STM32 MCU-based solutions, including NFC, Bluetooth® Low Energy and LPWAN with SigFox and LoRa®, GNSS for positioning, environmental and motion sensors with Machine Learning.
- Ready solution for: NFC, Bluetooth® Low Energy, LoRa®, SigFox with cloud AWS or Tago-IO dashboard
- Wide range of asset-tracking solutions with GNSS positioning, geo-fencing, and LPWAN connectivity
- IMU with Machine Learning Core for Asset Tracking using SensorTile.box
ST Parts: ST25DV, STM32WB, BlueNRG-2, STM32L0 LoRa® module, S2-LP, LSM6DSOX,
LPS22HH, LIS2DW12, STTS751, LIS2MDL, STTS22H, HTS221, TESEO-LIV3
Zigbee Mesh Using STM32WB
STM32WB Zigbee mesh network collecting data from ST25R NFC readers. TouchGFX on an STM32H747 will interact with attendees at each STM32WB Zigbee node.
- STM32WB Zigbee nodes will be at each ST demo station
- With the addition of Zigbee, the STM32WB is now a complete multiprotocol SoC solution
- STM32WB is most powerful Bluetooth® 5.0 and 802.15.4 wireless SoC from ST
ST Parts: STM32WB, STM32WL, ST25R3916, STM32H747
ST60A2 RF Data Links
Wireless data link at 2.5 Gbps using ST60A2 to interconnect LED panels and demonstrating how ST60A2 Gigabit Ethernet modules can replace cables and RJ45 connectors.
- ST60A2 transceiver pairs form contactless high-speed RF links transmitting data through air and solid materials
- Eliminating physical connectors eases video wall panel installation and enables new form factors
- Contactless ST60 data links are immune to EMI, ESD, environmental hazards,
and mechanical stress
ST Parts: ST60A2G0
Bluetooth® Low Energy Mesh
Certified ST Software Development Kit for Bluetooth® SIG Mesh for Industrial and Building Automation Applications. Extensive use of sensors and intelligence at the edge via ST’s BlueNRG and SensorTile.box.
- ST Bluetooth® Low Energy SIG-certified Mesh features: lighting and sensor model, embedded provisioner, and ST SDK
- SensorTile.box and LSM6DSOX Machine Learning Core IMU with intelligence
performed at the edge
ST Parts: SensorTile.box, LSM6DSOX, BlueNRG Family
Voice Over Bluetooth® Low Energy
A voice-over Bluetooth® Low Energy activated remote control based on a low-cost Cortex®-M0 Bluetooth® Low Energy SoC with high-quality voice transmission.
- Low power consumption, push to talk
- Low cost BOM with Cortex®-M0
ST Parts: BlueNRG Family
Long-Range Bluetooth® Low Energy
Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.0 Long Range to enable point-to-point communication over long distances in smart home, building automation, and industrial applications.
- Low power point-to-point communications for smart home, building automation and industrial
- Low-cost Cortex®-M0 long-range solution
ST Parts: BlueNRG Family
STM32 Voice Solutions
STM32 Voice solutions for cost-effective and high-performance microcontrollers and microprocessors.
- Enables Google and Amazon connected voice-assistant services in a single high-performance STM32MP1
- Enabling cost-sensitive voice applications with STM32 and Amazon’s AVS Integration for AWS IoT Core
- Scalable advanced audio-front-end processing may be used in standalone
ST Parts: STM32MP1, STM32H7, STM32F7, STM32F4, STM32L4, and more...
Wrist tilt detected by the LSM6DSOX inertial sensor using its internal smart functions, enabling very low power consumption by the system (microcontroller always sleeping).
- Finite State Machine and Machine Learning cores for gesture recognition within LSM6DSOX
- Achieves ultra-low power consumption by off-loading computation from the MCU
- Extensions available for all kinds of gestures: gym-activity recognition, screen switch off
ST Parts: LSM6DSOX and STM32
360 degree lid-angle detection for foldable tablets, mobile phones and laptops, enabled by the LSM6DSOX.
- Optimizes the display settings to guarantee the best user experience
- Key advantages: tunable angle detection, robustness, low power, configurability
ST Parts: STM32L4, LSM6DSOX
Smart pen uses LSM6DSOX and Hillcrest Labs, a CEVA company, algorithm for pen gesture recognition and BlueNRG-2 for communication.
- Remote-control enabled thanks to the LSM6DSOX smart functions
- Gesture recognition: tilt, flip, pickup of the pen and stable, unstable modes
- Connected via BlueNRG-2 to Android OS, for real-time interaction with the screen
ST Parts: BlueNRG-2, LSM6DSOX