The STiH273 uses the latest process technology to provide a cost-effective, feature rich, highly integrated SoC for set-top boxes (STBs). It is targeted at the advanced decoding STB market across cable and terrestrial networks, and is suitable for operator markets (with advanced security) and retail markets worldwide.
The STiH273 provides a solution for operators and manufacturers to specify a range of cost-effective, high performance STBs, including basic zappers, interactive STBs, and DVR STBs with content delivery possible using broadcast or broadband networks or both (hybrid STBs).
The STiH273 integrates a high performance dual mode, cable/terrestrial receiver, supporting DVB-C or DVB-T reception, channel demodulation, and forward error correction (FEC). The DVB-C receiver is compliant with ITU-T J.83 Annex A/C, and the DVB-T receiver is compliant with ETSI EN-300744 v1.5.1, Nordig Unified (v2.2.1) and DTG 7.2.
- ST40 applications CPU with 256 KB L2 cache
- 16-bit LMI supporting DDR2/DDR3
- Decoding of H264, MPEG2, VC-1 and AVS HD video streams
- 3DTV decoding and display compatible with HDMI 1.4a
- Extensive connectivity (2 × USB 2.0 ports; Ethernet MII/RMII/TMII port; SD/MMC card port; eSATA port; PCI-e)
- Secure boot from SLC NAND Flash or Serial NOR Flash; eMMC booting option
- Low-power process and architecture
- Integrated low power standby controller
- High-quality video resizing and de-interlacing
- Integrated Ethernet PHY
- Targets two layer PCBs for cost-effective zapper STB applications
- Integrates dual mode DVB-T/DVB-C demodulation and FEC
Tools & Software
Quality & Reliability
Sample & Buy