The B-G431B-ESC1 Discovery kit is based on the STM32G431CB microcontroller, the L6387 driver and STL180N6F7 power MOSFETs. It is composed of a main power board, and a daughterboard with embedded ST-LINK/V2-1. It is an electronic speed controller (ESC), designed to drive a single 3-phase brushless motor (BLDC/PMSM), performing both sensorless FOC algorithm and 6-step control with a speed regulation, and an active braking function algorithm. The ST sensorless FOC algorithm ensures longer flight times and an optimal dynamic performance. This unit accepts command signal from an external unit for driving and monitoring, for instance a flight control board or equivalent. For this purpose, several communication bus interfaces (UART, CAN, PWM channel) are present. A potentiometer and a user button are available for user application. The daughterboard includes a 5 V battery eliminator circuit (BEC), and the main board embeds an overcurrent/overvoltage and thermal protection circuit. The form factor makes it suitable for small and very light R/C vehicles (FPV race drone) and the motor current capability fits the power requirement of big vehicles, for instance a prosumer drone.
- Full reference design for electronic speed controller capable of both sensorless FOC and 6-step algorithm
- Designed for drones with up to 6S LiPo battery pack or equivalent suitable DC supply
- 3-phase driver board for BLDC/PMSM motors with discrete N-channel 60 V, 120 A STripFET F7 power MOSFETs
- STM32G431CB Arm® Cortex®-M4 32-bit MCU, 213 DMIPS, 128 Kbytes of Flash memory, 32 Kbytes of SRAM, analog rich, math accelerator
- On-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer detachable from the main board
- Output peak motor current (maximum peak current tested with propeller to have an air-forced cooling): 40 A
- Designed with SMD ceramic capacitors with very low profile
- BEC available through the daughterboard (5 V for external board supply, for example a flight control board)
- Support for motor sensors (Hall or encoder)
- Supported by ST Motor Control Software Development Kit (SDK) with ST Motor profiler
- 3-shunt mode supported for motor current sensing
- L6387 High voltage high and low-side driver with integrated interlocking function
- Overcurrent and overvoltage protection feature (OCP/OVP)
- Thermal measuring and overheating protection with NTC on board
- ESC ready for communication with any standard flight control unit (FCU): PWM/CAN/UART
- Potentiometer and user button available on daughterboard
- Two user LEDs: one green LED for 3.3 V level, and one red LED configurable by the user
- Target applications: motor driving for R/C vehicles, UAV drone, electric car or boat
- PCB type and size:
- FR-4 PCB material
- 8-layer layout
- Dimensions (including the daughterboard with ST-LINK part): 30 mm × 41 mm
- Weight (including the daughterboard with ST-LINK part): 9.2 g
- RoHS compliant
As part of our embedded online event, we had the pleasure of filming with Reinhard Keil, a Senior Director of Embedded Tools at ARM.
This video is about the STM32L5, our recently announced ultra-low power microcontroller bringing a new security dimension. The STM32L5 is now in full production and all its ecosystem is available including hardware kits, software tools, firmware and all documentations of course. This is our first STM32 based on Cortex-M33 and its Trustzone and using specific ST security implementation - watch the video to find out more!
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.