STM32F446 product line enables high performance and rich connectivity into a highly integrated and energy efficient product, starting from 256K Flash.
It leverages ST’s proprietary ART Accelerator™, smart architecture, advanced Flash technology and its embedded ARM Cortex-M4 core to achieve leading performance of 225 DMIPS and 608 CoreMark® at 180MHz executing from embedded Flash.
Efficient simultaneous communication via multiple interfaces enables smarter and more interactive industrial, scientific, medical, and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications, while the advanced process technology, together with dynamic voltage scaling, extensive clock gating and flexible sleep modes allow for significant power savings.
- Performance: At 180 MHz, the STM32F446 delivers 225 DMIPS/608 CoreMark performance executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to ST’s ART Accelerator. The DSP instructions and the floating point unit enlarge the range of addressable applications.
- Power efficiency: ST’s 90 nm process, ART Accelerator and the dynamic power scaling enables the current consumption in run mode and executing from Flash memory to be as low as 200 µA/MHz at 180 MHz. In Stop mode, the power consumption is 50 µA typical.
- 2 dedicated audio PLL, SPDIF input, 3 half duplex I²S , and 2 serial audio interfaces (SAI) supporting full duplex I²S as well as time division multiplex (TDM) mode.
- Up to 20 communication interfaces (including 4x USARTs plus 2x UARTs running at up to 11.25 Mbit/s, 4x SPI running at up to 45 Mbit/s, 3x I²C with a new optional digital filter capability, 2x CAN, SDIO, HDMI CEC and camera interface)
- Two 12-bit DACs, three 12-bit ADCs reaching 2.4 MSPS or 7.2 MSPS in interleaved mode Up to 17 timers: 16- and 32-bit running at up to 180 MHz
- Easily extendable memory range using the flexible 90 MHz memory controller with a 32-bit parallel interface, and supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR, NAND and SDRAM memories
- Cost effective NOR flash extension thanks to the 90MHz Dual quadSPI interface supporting memory mapped mode
The STM32F446 product line provides from 256-Kbyte to 512-Kbyte Flash, 128-Kbyte SRAM and from 64 to 144 pins in packages as small as 3.85 x 3.728 mm.
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.