The STM32U5F7 and STM32U5G7 microcontrollers extend the STM32 ultra‐low‐power portfolio, offering advanced graphics capability in a large embedded memory. These product lines embed extensive functionalities to protect user assets and offer up to 1 CAN FD.
The STM32U5F7 and STM32U5G7 now integrate the NeoChromVG GPU, the second generation of STMicroelectronics’ graphics processing unit. This new graphics accelerator enables developers to reduce flash memory usage while delivering high-performance GUIs with vector support.
The STM32U5F7 and STM32U5G7 is available in LQFP-100 pin package, and offer the same performances as STM32U5F9/U5G9, with TFT-RGB display interface.
- STM32U5F7 and STM32U5G7 allow developers to:
- Use the new STM32U5 as an easy-to-develop solution running a complete high-performing and smartphone-like user interface on a simple microcontroller
- Save external memory with now 3 Mbytes of internal SRAM and 4 Mbytes of flash
- Benefit from an advanced Vector Graphic GPU (NeoChromVG) now embedded to run SVG and vector fonts on STM32U5
- Use JPEG Codec to run video playback
- Protect user data thanks to an additional encryption accelerator engine (AES, PKA, and OTFDEC)
- Gain time-to-market thanks to SESIP and PSA certified precertification
Discover our portfolio
- Effective system solution to reach smartphone-like UIs using an MCU
- A high level of integration reduces the need for external components
- Available in LQFP 100 packages for easier assembly
- Comes with design tools to simplify your development:
- The free TouchGFX graphical framework for STM32 lets you quickly customize your GUI
- Two discovery kits are available to help you get started on your UI prototype for STM32U5F9/UFG9 and STM32U5F7/U5G7 product lines: STM32U5G9J-DK1 and STM32U5G9J-DK2
- Riverdi, our ST Authorized partner, offers STM32U5-based display modules with TouchGFX out-of-the-box support
- Support and key resources available on the documentation website and TouchGFX community.
Use TouchGFX built-in features to develop advanced graphical user interfaces requirind low flash usage, on STM32U5G9J-DK2 discovery kit.
Graphics demo on STM32U5G9, showcasing the capabilities of the embedded NeoChromVG GPU doing Vector Graphics and Texture-mapping and showing Video playback using JPEG CODEC. Display 800x480 16 bit color depth, two framebuffers in internal RAM.