The STM32WB0 microcontroller series enables reliable wireless performance in a compact, energy-efficient design.
Certified for Bluetooth® Low Energy 5.3, the STM32WB0 offers a best-in-class wireless radio and low-power features that are ideal for cost- and energy-sensitive wireless applications.
What the STM32WB0 offers
- High wireless performance
- Arm® Cortex®-M0+ core running at 64 MHz
- 512 Kbytes of flash memory and 64 Kbytes of RAM
- Best-in-class radio enabling robust and stable connectivity
- Certified, highly modular, and robust stacks, developed and maintained by ST
- High data rate (2 Mbps) to ensure fast and reliable data transfers
- State-of-the-art radio performance with up to -104 dBm sensitivity and +8 dBm output power
- Highly accurate Bluetooth location solutions thanks to direction finding support (AoA/AoD)
- Longer battery life for IoT devices
- State-of-the-art radio efficiency (3.9 mA Tx current and 3.2 mA Rx current at peak)
- Power control options, 15.5 µA/MHz for the Arm® Cortex® -M0+ core
- Lower costs
- Affordable price point
- High integration in tiny packages (balun, capacitor-less 32 MHz crystal) for reduced bill of material and simplified circuitry
- Enables 2-layer PCBs for reduced BOM and simplified circuitry
- Streamlined development with an extensive wireless design ecosystem
- Hardware (RF reference designs, IPD chip for easy impedance matching), Bluetooth® Low Energy and Mesh stacks, software, tools, and resources.
The STM32WB09 MCU line, which is the first in the STM32WB0 series, embeds ST’s state-of-the-art 2.4 GHz radio IP, providing excellent radio performance. The STM32WB09 line features a highly efficient SMPS step-down converter for unparalleled battery lifetime.
The STM32WB09 can address entry-level to more complex Bluetooth® Low Energy applications in industrial and consumer markets, thank to up to 512 Kbytes of flash memory and 64 Kbytes of RAM, combined with smart peripherals, like the ADC and timers.