The STM32WLE5J8/JB/JC long-range wireless and ultra-low-power devices embed a powerful and ultra-low-power radio compliant LPWAN radio solution: LoRa®, (G)FSK, (G)MSK, and BPSK.
These devices are designed to be extremely low-power and are based on the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 48 MHz. This core implements a full set of DSP instructions and an independent memory protection unit (MPU) that enhances the application security.
The devices embed high-speed memories (Flash memory up to 256 Kbytes, up to 64 Kbytes of SRAM), and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals.
The devices also embed several protection mechanisms for embedded Flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection and proprietary code readout protection.
These devices offer a 12-bit ADC, a 12-bit DAC low-power sample-and-hold, two ultra-low-power comparators associated with a high accuracy reference voltage generator.
The devices embed a low-power RTC with a 32-bit sub-second wakeup counter, one 16-bit single-channel timer, two 16-bit four-channel timers (supporting motor control), one 32-bit four-channel timer and three 16-bit ultra-low-power timers.
These devices also embed two DMA controllers (7 channels each) allowing any transfer combination between memory (Flash memory, SRAM1 and SRAM2) and peripheral, using the DMAMUX1 for flexible DMA channel mapping.
The devices also feature the standard and advanced communication interfaces listed below:
- Frequency range: 150 MHz to 960 MHz
- Modulation: LoRa®, (G)FSK, (G)MSK and BPSK
- RX sensitivity: –125 dBm for 2-FSK(at 1.2 Kbit/s), –148 dBm for LoRa® (at 10.4 kHz, spreading factor 12)
- Transmitter high output power, programmable up to +22 dBm
- Transmitter low output power, programmable up to +15 dBm
- Compliant with the following radio frequency regulations: ETSI EN 300 220, EN 300 113, EN 301 166, FCC CFR 47 Part 15, 24, 90, 101 and the Japanese ARIB STD-T30, T-67, T-108
- Ultra-low-power platform
- 1.8 V to 3.6 V power supply
- –40 °C to +85 °C temperature range
- Shutdown mode: 31 nA (VDD = 3 V)
- Standby (+ RTC) mode:360 nA (VDD = 3 V)
- Stop2 (+ RTC) mode: 1.07 µA (VDD = 3 V)
- Active-mode MCU: < 72 µA/MHz (CoreMark®)
- Active-mode RX: 5.4 mA
- Active-mode TX: 15 mA at 10 dBm and 87 mA at 20 dBm (LoRa® 125 kHz)
- Core: 32-bit Arm®Cortex®-M4 CPU
- Adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator) allowing 0-wait-state execution from Flash memory, frequency up to 48 MHz, MPU and DSP instructions
- 1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Dhrystone 2.1)
- Security and identification
- Hardware encryption AES 256-bit
- True random number generator (RNG)
- Sector protection against read/write operations (PCROP, RDP, WRP)
- CRC calculation unit
- Unique device identifier (64-bit UID compliant with IEEE 802-2001 standard)
- 96-bit unique die identifier
- Hardware public key accelerator (PKA)
- Supply and reset management
- High-efficiency embedded SMPS step down converter
- SMPS to LDO smart switch
- Ultra-safe, low-power BOR (brownout reset) with 5 selectable thresholds
- Ultra-low-power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- VBAT mode with RTC and 20x32-byte backup registers
- Clock sources
- 32 MHz crystal oscillator
- TCXO support: programmable supply voltage
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- High-speed internal 16 MHz factory trimmed RC (± 1%)
- Internal low-power 32 kHz RC
- Internal multi-speed low-power 100 kHz to 48 MHz RC
- PLL for CPU, ADC and audio clocks
- Up to 256-Kbyte Flash memory
- Up to 64-Kbyte RAM
- 20x32-bit backup register
- Bootloader supporting USART and SPI interfaces
- OTA (over-the-air) firmware update capable
- Sector protection against read/write operations
- Rich analog peripherals (down to 1.65 V)
- 12-bit ADC 2.5 Msps, up to 16-bit with hardware oversampling, conversion range 0 to 3.6 V
- 12-bit DAC, low-power sample-and-hold
- 2x ultra-low-power comparators
- System peripherals
- Semaphores for processor firmware process synchronization
- 2x DMA controller (7 channels each) supporting ADC, DAC, SPI, I2C, LPUART, USART, AES and timers
- 2x USART (ISO 7816, IrDA, SPI)
- 1x LPUART (low-power)
- 2x SPI 16 Mbit/s (1 over 2 supporting I2S)
- 3x I2C (SMBus/PMBus™)
- 2x 16-bit 1 channel timer
- 1x 16-bit 4 channels timer (supporting motor control)
- 1x 32-bit 4 channels timer
- 3x 16-bit ultra-low-power timer
- 1x RTC with 32-bit sub-second wakeup counter
- 1x independent SysTick
- 1x independent watchdog
- 1x window watchdog
- Up to 43 I/Os, most 5 V-tolerant
- Development support
- Serial-wire debug (SWD), JTAG for the application processor
- All packages are ECOPACK2 compliant
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
How to program the STM32WB dual core in single operation, through STM32CubeProgrammer or through code example delivered in Software package.
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|UFBGA 5X5X0.6 73L P0.5 9X9||Industrial||Ecopack2|| |
Package:UFBGA 5X5X0.6 73L P0.5 9X9
UFBGA 5X5X0.6 73L P0.5 9X9
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.