ST’s portfolio of silicon carbide power MOSFETs features the industry’s highest operating junction temperature rating of 200 °C and significantly reduced total power losses for more efficient, smaller and lighter systems. They feature a very low on-state resistance per area even at high temperatures and excellent switching performance versus the best-in-class silicon technologies, with minimal variation versus temperature.
- Industry’s highest operating junction temperature rating (Tj max ) of 200 °C for improved system reliability and reduced PCB form factors (simplified thermal management)
- Low on-state resistance over the entire temp range to 200 °C for reduced cooling requirements with a higher system efficiency
- Reduced switching losses with minimal variation versus temperature, for more compact designs (smaller passive components)
- Low on-state resistance (20 mΩ typ @ 25 °C for 650 V device and 80 mΩ typ @ 25 °C for 1200 V device) resulting in higher system efficiency (reduced cooling requirements)
- Simple to drive
- Very fast and robust intrinsic body diode (no need for external freewheeling diode, thus more compact systems)