The ideal fit for RF designers looking for more than a simple radio device.
The STM32Wx microcontrollers enable wireless connectivity. They support the sub-GHz band and the 2.4 GHz frequency range. Highly integrated and reliable, they address a wide range of industrial and consumer applications.
STM32Wx solutions are compatible with multiple protocols, from point-to-point & mesh to wide-area networks. They are power efficient and offer built-in security features.
STM32Wx wireless MCUs feature a two-in-one, dual-core architecture. Built around an MCU and a radio transceiver, STM32Wx MCUs come in one deeply integrated and highly cost-efficient System-on-Chip. STM32Wx solutions enable real-time performance while ensuring efficient power consumption.
- Featuring different radio protocols, the STM32Wx portfolio includes 3 series:
- The STM32WB and the STM32WBA series for short-range connectivity
- The STM32WL series for long-range connectivity
Low Energy 5.3
The multi-protocol capability enables Matter technology, which ensures seamless interactions between connected devices in smart homes across different IP technologies.
The STM32WL is fully open and supports multiple modulations, making it the ideal choice for low-power wide area networks (LPWAN). Expanding IoT design possibilities, STM32WL MCUs reach the right balance between power consumption and performance.
Read more about the benefits of the 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M processor for MCUs here.
Discover our portfolio
- Faster time-to-market for wireless short- and long-range applications
User-friendly, cost-effective design platform thanks to the wireless MCU processor.
- STM32Wx MCUs are part of the STM32Cube ecosystem and compatible with the STM32 general-purpose portfolio:
- Benefit from user-friendly hardware and software tools
- Easy porting from other STM32 MCUs to wireless STM32 series
- Leaves room for future product upgrades
- Ensure high security levels:
- Build trustable and unique devices
- Secure user data and prevent platform cloning
- By choosing ST, you can rely on our wireless expertise and a long-term partnership.
STDES-WL5I4ILH reference designs based on IPD "BALFHB-WL-04D3"
2.4 GHz Low Pass Filter matched to STM32WB5x and STM32WB1x in WLCSP and UFBGA packages
Bluetooth™ LE 5.3 and 802.15.4 Nucleo Pack
A complete Bluetooth LE, Zigbee and Thread solution
STM32Cube MCU package for STM32WL series
Tilen tells you all about the STM32Cube Ecosystem, and what makes it so special.
Recommended for you
Getting started with STM32WL
Download the free STM32CubeWL embedded software package containing the HAL, LL (low-layer) APIs, middleware, LoRaWAN®, Sigfox™, W-MBUS and mioty® certified stacks in stand-alone or concurrent mode. Then install ST’s STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool (free) that supports pinout configuration, code generation and a power consumption calculator. Start with one of the many examples provided or build your own project.
To fine tune your application, or perform radio test or build your own profile download and install STM32CubeMonitor tool.
Get trained watching our dedicated Online Training.
Discover the latest news about STM32WL on our ST blog!