The STM32H563 and STM32H573 microcontrollers extend the STM32 high performance portfolio. They offer enhanced performance and security, better power efficiency, and more embedded peripherals.
The STM32H563/573 product lines provide 1 to 2 Mbytes of flash memory, 640 Kbytes of SRAM. They come in 64- to 176-pin packages, including BGA, VFQFN68, WLCSP80, and LQFP profiles.
These lines are based on the Arm® Cortex®-M33 core with TrustZone® for Armv8-M, digital signal processing (DSP), and floating‐point unit (FPU) running up to 250 MHz with an optional extended ambient temperature range up to 125°C.
At 250 MHz, the STM32H563/573 MCUs deliver 375 DMIPS and a 1023 CoreMark performance score, executing from the flash memory, with 0-wait states using ST’s ART Accelerator.
- Embedded peripherals
- Up to 34 communication peripherals including:
- I3C interface
- USB 2.0 full-speed host and device
- USB Type-C®/USB Power Delivery
- Ethernet MAC
- Camera interface
- Easily extendable memory range using either:
- the flexible memory controller with a 16-bit parallel interface
- the OCTOSPI serial flash memory interface
- Multiple 16- and 32-bit timers
- Secure Manager:
- First STM32 MCU with secure trusted execution environment (TEE) software
- Compatible with TF-M PSA APIs
- Offering turnkey security services such as cryptography, secure key and data storage, and attestation
- Target SESIP and PSA certification Level 3
- TrustZone® mechanism for runtime code isolation
- TRNG FIPS SP800-90B compliant, target CMVP entropy validation certification
- Secure Key storage with hardware unique key (HUK)
- Secure firmware install (SFI) to authenticate and protect software IP during initial programming
- Debug access controlled by ECDSA-P256 authentication
- ST-iRoT: Preconfigured immutable root of trust, with secure boot, firmware update, serial loader, and secure debug mechanisms
STM32H573 MCUs include the following additional security features:
- Power efficiency
- Embedded switched-mode power supply (SMPS) to scale down the supply voltage.
- 61 µA/MHz typical at VDD = 3.3 V (drain power voltage) and 25°C in run mode (peripherals off) with SMPS option
- 51 µA typically in stop mode with full RAM retention (low-power mode)
- 3.5 µA typically in standby mode (low-power mode)
- 776 nA typically in VBAT (battery voltage mode) with RTC (low-power mode)
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Industrial motor control
- Pumps and compressors
- Air conditioner
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Central alarm system
- Washing machines
- IoT tags and tracking devices
- Industrial communication
- Lighting controls
- Digital power
- CPAP and respirators
- Dialysis machines
- Pills distributors
- Powered patient beds
Discover our portfolio
The STM32H563/573 MCUs enrich the STM32 product portfolio with more performance, additional peripherals, and a higher memory integration.
- More design freedom for developers
- Reduced time to market
- Performance in space-constrained IoT devices
- Simplified connectivity solution for smart home devices
- Scalable security to address every need:
- From the most essential security building blocks to fully certified services maintained by ST
- Trusted execution environment (TEE), the Secure Manager, ensures MCU protection
- Optimized cost/performance trade-off based on ST’s optimized 40 nm process technology
STM32Cube software package for new STM32H5 series
STM32 Nucleo-144 development board with STM32H563ZI MCU
The STM32H5 makes performance and security more accessible to all developers.
Thierry Crespo tells you all about STM32 Secure Manager.
Kaouther Belhadj tells you all about the new STM32H5.
Recommended for you
Events and Seminars