The STM32U5 series offers advanced power-saving microcontrollers, based on Arm® Cortex®-M33 to meet the most demanding power/performance requirements for smart applications, including wearables, HMI, personal medical devices, home automation, and industrial sensors.
Offering up to 4 Mbytes of flash memory (dual bank) memory and 3Mbytes of SRAM, the STM32U5 series of microcontrollers takes performance to the next level with advanced graphics capabilities.
The STM32U5 series provides greater integration and memory capabilities to maximize performance. Ultra-low power, it is the first 32-bit MCU embedding a flash memory, up to 4 Mbytes.
Discover our portfolio
The STM32U5 series enables new features in embedded system designs and offers best-in-class performance:
- High energy efficiency
- Innovative power management features
- LPBAM, DMA, and IP autonomous in LP mode
- High integration
- Up to 4 Mbytes internal flash memory
- Up to 3 Mbytes RAM
- USB HS with integrated PHY
- Higher security and safety
- AES and PKA, side attack resistant
- ECC on flash memory and SRAM
- Advanced graphics capabilities
- First STM32 with advanced graphics accelerators and NeoChrom GPU and now NeoChromVG GPU, making vector graphics possible.
- MJPEG Codec: improved performance and efficiency of image processing
- Improved data storage
- 100 kcycles for 512Kb of flash
STMicroelectronics expands the ultra-low power STM32U5 family from 128kB to 4MB. Some versions come with NeoChrom GPU to easily design smartphone-like user interface.
Discover the STM32U5, the new secure, high-performance, and ultra-low power STM32 microcontrollers that will revolutionize your design. With STM32U5, there is no trade-off between power consumption and performance.
The B-U585I-IOT02A Discovery kit provides a complete demonstration and development platform for the STM32U585AI microcontroller, featuring an Arm® Cortex®-M33 core with Arm® TrustZone® and Armv8-M mainline security extension, 2 Mbytes of Flash memory and 786 Kbytes of SRAM, as well as smart peripheral resources.