The STUSB4500 is a USB power delivery controller that addresses sink devices. It implements a proprietary algorithm to allow the negotiation of a power delivery contract with a source without MCU support (auto-run mode). PDO profiles are configured in an integrated non-volatile memory.
The device supports dead battery mode and is suited for sink devices powered from dead battery state and requiring high power charging profile to be fully operational.
Thanks to its 20 V technology, it implements high voltage features to protect the CC pins against short-circuits to VBUS up to 22 V and to support high voltage on the VBUS pins directly connected to the VBUS power path up to 28 V.
- Auto-run Type-C™ and USB PD sink controller
- Dead battery mode support
- Up to 3 sink PDO configurable profiles
- Dual high power charging path support
- Integrated VBUS switch gate drivers (PMOS)
- Integrated VBUS voltage monitoring
- Internal and/or external VBUS discharge paths
- Short-to-VBUS protections on CC pins (22 V)
- High voltage capability on VBUS pins (28 V)
- Dual power supply (VSYS and/or VDD):
- VSYS = [3.0 V; 5.5 V]
- VDD = [4.1 V; 22 V]
- Debug accessory mode support
- Temperature range: -40 °C up to 105 °C
- ESD: 3 kV HBM - 1.5 kV CDM
- USB Type-C™ rev 1.2
- USB PD rev 2.0 (TID #1000133)
- Interoperable with USB PD rev 3.0
Device migration (≤ 100W)
ST at Electronica - USB Type-C PD demo with Würth Elektronik
STUSB ICs have been designed to protect your devices from electrical hazards
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|WLCSP MSL1||Industrial||N/A|| |
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.