The STM32L4A6xG devices are the ultra-low-power microcontrollers based on the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 80 MHz. The Cortex-M4 core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision which supports all Arm® single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
The STM32L4A6xG devices embed high-speed memories (1 Mbyte of Flash memory, 320 Kbyte of SRAM), a flexible external memory controller (FSMC) for static memories (for devices with packages of 100 pins and more), a Quad SPI flash memories interface (available on all packages) and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses, two AHB buses and a 32-bit multi-AHB bus matrix.
The STM32L4A6xG devices embed several protection mechanisms for embedded Flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection, proprietary code readout protection and Firewall.
The devices offer up to three fast 12-bit ADCs (5 Msps), two comparators, two operational amplifiers, two DAC channels, an internal voltage reference buffer, a low-power RTC, two general-purpose 32-bit timer, two 16-bit PWM timers dedicated to motor control, seven general-purpose 16-bit timers, and two 16-bit low-power timers. The devices support four digital filters for external sigma delta modulators (DFSDM).
In addition, up to 24 capacitive sensing channels are available. The devices also embed an integrated LCD driver 8x40 or 4x44, with internal step-up converter.
They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces.
The STM32L4A6xG devices embed AES and HASH hardware accelerator.
The STM32L4A6xG operates in the -40 to +85 °C (+105 °C junction), -40 to +125 °C (+130 °C junction) temperature ranges from a 1.71 to 3.6 V VDD power supply when using internal LDO regulator. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allows the design of low-power applications.
Some independent power supplies are supported: analog independent supply input for ADC, DAC, OPAMPs and comparators, 3.3 V dedicated supply input for USB and up to 14 I/Os can be supplied independently down to 1.08V. A VBAT input allows to backup the RTC and backup registers. Dedicated VDD12 power supplies can be used to bypass the internal LDO regulator when connected to an external SMPS.
The STM32L4A6xG family offers six packages from 64-pin to 169-pin packages.
Key FeaturesUltra-low-power with FlexPowerControl
- 1.71 V to 3.6 V power supply
- -40 °C to 85/125 °C temperature range
- 320 nA in VBAT mode: supply for RTC and 32x32-bit backup registers
- 25 nA Shutdown mode (5 wakeup pins)
- 108 nA Standby mode (5 wakeup pins)
- 426 nA Standby mode with RTC
- 2.57 μA Stop 2 mode, 2.86 μA Stop 2 with RTC
- 91 μA/MHz run mode (LDO Mode)
- 37 μA/MHz run mode (@3.3 V SMPS Mode)
- Batch acquisition mode (BAM)
- 5 μs wakeup from Stop mode
- Brown out reset (BOR) in all modes except shutdown
- Interconnect matrix
Core: Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU, Adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator™) allowing 0-wait-state execution from Flash memory, frequency up to 80 MHz, MPU, 100 DMIPS and DSP instructions
- 1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Drystone 2.1)
- 273.55 Coremark® (3.42 Coremark/MHz @ 80 MHz)
- 279 ULPMark™ CP score
- 80.2 ULPMark™ PP score
16 x timers: 2 x 16-bit advanced motor-control, 2 x 32-bit and 5 x 16-bit general purpose, 2 x 16-bit basic, 2 x low-power 16-bit timers (available in Stop mode), 2 x watchdogs, SysTick timer
RTC with HW calendar, alarms and calibration
Up to 136 fast I/Os, most 5 V-tolerant, up to 14 I/Os with independent supply down to 1.08 V
Dedicated Chrom-ART Accelerator™ for enhanced graphic content creation (DMA2D)
8- to 14-bit camera interface up to 32 MHz (black&white) or 10 MHz (color)
Encryption hardware accelerator: AES (128/256-bit key), HASH (SHA-256)
- 1 MB Flash, 2 banks read-while-write, proprietary code readout protection
- 320 KB of SRAM including 64 KB with hardware parity check
- External memory interface for static memories supporting SRAM, PSRAM, NOR and NAND memories
- Dual-flash Quad SPI memory interface
- 4 to 48 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator for RTC (LSE)
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (±1%)
- Internal low-power 32 kHz RC (±5%)
- Internal multispeed 100 kHz to 48 MHz oscillator, auto-trimmed by LSE (better than ±0.25% accuracy)
- Internal 48 MHz with clock recovery
- 3 PLLs for system clock, USB, audio, ADC
LCD 8 × 40 or 4 × 44 with step-up converter
Up to 24 capacitive sensing channels: support touchkey, linear and rotary touch sensors
4 x digital filters for sigma delta modulator
Rich analog peripherals (independent supply)
- 3 × 12-bit ADC 5 Msps, up to 16-bit with hardware oversampling, 200 μA/Msps
- 2 x 12-bit DAC, low-power sample and hold
- 2 x operational amplifiers with built-in PGA
- 2 x ultra-low-power comparators
20 x communication interfaces
- USB OTG 2.0 full-speed, LPM and BCD
- 2 x SAIs (serial audio interface)
- 4 x I2C FM+(1 Mbit/s), SMBus/PMBus
- 5 x U(S)ARTs (ISO 7816, LIN, IrDA, modem)
- 1 x LPUART
- 3 x SPIs (4 x SPIs with the Quad SPI)
- 2 x CAN (2.0B Active) and SDMMC
- SWPMI single wire protocol master I/F
- IRTIM (Infrared interface)
14-channel DMA controller
True random number generator
CRC calculation unit, 96-bit unique ID
Development support: serial wire debug (SWD), JTAG, Embedded Trace Macrocell™
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
ST has built a new architecture to reach best-in-class ultra-low-power figures thanks to its high flexibility. STM32L4 MCUs have scored 447 ULPMark-CP and 167 ULPMark-PP in the standardized EEMBC™ ULPMark® tests that compare the efficiency of ultra-low-power microcontrollers. Moreover, the STM32L4 series shatters performance limits in the ultra-low-power world. It delivers 100 DMIPS based on its Arm® Cortex®-M4 core with FPU and ST ART Accelerator™ at 80 MHz.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|UFBGA 7X7X0.6 132L P 0.5 R 12X12||Industrial||Ecopack2|
|UFBGA 7X7X0.6 132L P 0.5 R 12X12||Industrial||Ecopack2||
UFBGA 7X7X0.6 132L P 0.5 R 12X12
RoHS Compliance Grade
Package:UFBGA 7X7X0.6 132L P 0.5 R 12X12
UFBGA 7X7X0.6 132L P 0.5 R 12X12
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.