L6983I: 38 V 10 W synchronous iso-buck converter for isolated applications
Specifically designed for isolated buck topology, the L6983I’s primary output voltage can be accurately adjusted, while the isolated secondary output is derived by using a given transformer ratio.
The switching frequency can be programmed in the 200 kHz - 1 MHz range with optional spread spectrum for improved EMC. The Enable (EN) pin provides enable/disable functions and includes an internal voltage divider.
- 3.5 to 38V operating input voltage
- Primary output voltage regulation / no optocoupler required
- 200 kHz to 1 MHz programmable switching frequency.
- Stable with low ESR capacitor (min. 2 µF)
- Internal compensation network
- 2 µA shutdown current
- Internal soft-start
- Overvoltage protection
- Output voltage sequencing
eDSim: fast and powerful electrical simulation software for SMPS and analog ICs
Design your analog circuit, get a quick preview with fully annotated schematic and BOM, and then run the electrical simulation through eDSim for fast and accurate simulations and reliable design validation.
Switching Converters (DC-DC) Quick reference guide
This guide provides developers with an overview of our most commonly used switching regulators and will help identify the most appropriate solution for each type of application.
Join this on-demand webinar as we explain the different Vbus topologies and associated product portfolios. We will showcase the benefits of our DC-DC and LDO regulators, eFuses, and LED drivers, along with the evaluation boards and free simulation tools available to help designers go to market faster.
We will help you:
- Understand the advantages of ST power management products in your designs
- Learn how to effectively identify and select the best regulators for your applications
- Learn more about our simulation and design aid tool environment