The ISM330DLC is a system-in-package featuring a high-performance 3D digital accelerometer and 3D digital gyroscope tailored for Industry 4.0 applications.
ST’s family of MEMS sensor modules leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes.
The various sensing elements are manufactured using specialized micromachining processes, while the IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology that allows the design of a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
In the ISM330DLC the sensing element of the accelerometer and of the gyro are implemented on the same silicon die, thus guaranteeing superior stability and robustness.
The ISM330DLC has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16 g and an angular rate range of ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps.
Delivering high accuracy and stability with ultra-low power consumption (0.75 mA in high-performance, combo mode) enables, also in the industrial domain, long-lasting battery-operated applications.
The ISM330DLC includes a dedicated configurable signal processing path with low latency, low noise and dedicated filtering specifically intended for control loop stability. Data from this dedicated signal path can be made available through an auxiliary SPI interface, configurable for both the gyroscope and accelerometer. High-performance, high-quality, small size and low power consumption together with high robustness to mechanical shock makes the ISM330DLC the preferred choice of system designers for the creation and manufacturing of versatile and reliable products.
The ISM330DLC is available in a plastic, land grid array (LGA) package.
- 3D accelerometer with selectable full scale: ±2/±4/±8/±16 g
- 3D gyroscope with selectable full scale: ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- SPI & I²C serial interface with main processor data synchronization
- Dedicated gyroscope output chain with low latency, low noise and dedicated low-pass filters for control loop stability (OIS and other stabilization applications)
- Auxiliary SPI serial interface for independent, low-noise low-latency data output for gyroscope and accelerometer
- Ultra-low power consumption for both accelerometer and gyroscope enabling long-lasting battery-operated applications: 0.5 mA in combo normal mode and 0.75 mA in combo high-performance mode
- Smart FIFO up to 4 kbyte
- Smart embedded functions and interrupts: tilt detection, free-fall, wakeup, 6D/4D orientation, click and double-click
- Sensor hub feature to efficiently collect data from additional external sensors
- Embedded hard, soft ironing for external magnetic sensor corrections
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded self-test both for gyroscope and accelerometer
- High shock survivability
- Extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +85 °C)
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant
This video tutorial shows how to easily configure a silicon-embedded advanced pedometer feature, using ST’s new generation of iNEMO™ Inertial Measurement Units (IMU).
This video on the SensorTile.box Pro Mode shows you how to use this IoT and wearable sensor development kit to create customized wireless applications using an STM32Cube function pack. Use-case on a Human Activity Recognition algorithm included.
Watch this short tutorial on the Expert mode of the SensorTile.box to learn how to use a graphical wizard to build programs without having to write any code.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.